As Ron DeSantis struggles, Florida's inflation rate is nearly twice as high as the rest of the U.S.

Originally published at: As Ron DeSantis struggles, Florida's inflation rate is nearly twice as high as the rest of the U.S. | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Everything DeSantis touches gets either bored, disgusted, or out of control. Certainly no surprise voters are running away from his clown-car caravan. (No offense to clowns, cars, or caravans intended.)

11 Likes

Dept. Of Redundancy Department

6 Likes

movintoflorida

25 Likes

It’s know as the Reverse Midas Touch. Everything turns to shit.

9 Likes

And I thought it was just pudding on his fingers.

Let’s make “The DeSantis Touch” go viral.

11 Likes

I have to imagine that some of it is revenue loss due to tourists flocking to destinations around the globe that aren’t Florida. As it’s become increasingly unsafe for all women, and not just pregnant or transgender women, a lot of groups are listening to their members and holding their conventions and conferences anywhere else,

“God help you if you get in an accident in Florida” is not a viable substitute for actual health care.

12 Likes

Holy Fuck! I hope that someone can save Florida from the Republicans.

5 Likes

“Where are you going on holiday this year?”
“Not Florida!”

8 Likes

I know I’m only one person, but I used to go to FLA twice a year. Haven’t been there in a couple of years now. I hate to “punish” regular non-extremist Floridians who work at restaurants, bars, lodging, etc., but I know that some of the money I would spend in FLA would go to the fascist / racist government. And that’s a big NOPE.

11 Likes

Dunno. Thinking about DeStupid touching me gives me the creeps.

2 Likes

It’s an experiment in, not even anarchy, but anti-governance. This is what happens when our leaders actively try to make things as bad as possible in as many ways as possible for as many people as possible. See also: Trump’s 4 year long experiment with the entire goddamn country.

8 Likes

They tried it in Kansas also - but no one voting R cares about reality as long as they can yell about whoever the latest group is that replaced witches.

Hopefully we see more Democrats taking the ‘we are winning’ ball and playing up how much they’ve done in the past 4 years - given that at the start of 2020 a mega recession was declared ‘inevitable’ I think they have quite a bit to crow over.

14 Likes

One would think that the Invisible Hand of the Marketplace would create a real-estate boom to meet demand; but then, that would tend to depress rents, so…

DeSantis won’t be happy if/when he loses the nomination for POTUS; who knows what sort of fuckery he will come up with to sooth his bruised, fragile ego…
Given his theatrics re: immigration, it might be interesting when harvest time rolls around; it wouldn’t be surprising if he will have prisoners taking up the slack.
After all, slavery is still legal in this country.

5 Likes

“Whooo run Barter-town?”

3 Likes

I used to dive there almost monthly, and I haven’t gone back for almost two years. It hurts, because it’s the cave diving center of the country, but fuuuuuuuck all of it.

9 Likes

House price inflation though suggests that people are coming too Florida at greater than the normal rate. Which is probably some kind of view of confidence.

Well, that or disasters destroying housing stock, but I’ve not heard much of that recently.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised at the quote

Why did Covid drive Florida’s population up?

ETA

1 Like

I think Trump already has dibs.

2 Likes

DJ Pudding Fingers here, wtf is all this?!?

1 Like