As transgender rights get rolled back, America needs more bathroom cops

This. Covers it succinctly.

9 Likes
12 Likes

Or I’m wrong.

5 Likes

If I could use one image to define the phrase “hurr durr”, it would be this one.

I remember seeing other stories about citizens patrolling bathrooms in efforts to keep away anybody that didn’t meet their standard for “female” usually in such enlightened places like Texas but I can’t be bothered to find the stories right now. Also there’s no shortage of comic strips and jokes out there normalizing transphobic violence like this:

2 Likes

What the actual fuck I can’t even

8 Likes

There’s much worse than that on that ifunny app, i eventually deleted it

3 Likes

You know how dictatorships always point out how “democratic” they are, and how the less free they are the more they ladle on the “Free”, “People’s”, “Democratic”, “Republic”, etc.?

The same thing is true of humor websites. The more their name points out how “funny” they are, the less funny they actually are.

10 Likes

Would be funny if weren’t true.

Depressingly, I think there may be enough people who think this is a good idea that it may be a problem for us trans people. :cry:

11 Likes

Walker, Bathroom Ranger

“…Cuz the eyes of Texas are upon your groin.”

6 Likes

I am honestly anticipating drone strikes on a demonstration or Pride parade at some point in the next year.

2 Likes

I suspect the people with the power to do such a thing realize the optics of bombing a parade would be very bad so they’re looking for subtler ways to instigate violence. Then they can subject the participants to civil forfeiture.

3 Likes

Well, traditionally child abusers go with, “I’m her father/uncle/grandfather etc.”

Because statistically that’s who they are.

10 Likes

With the exception of the Commander In Chief of the United States Armed Forces, I agree with you that most of the people with the power to order such atrocities have enough sense and perspective to realize the likely backlash.

But that’s a fairly large exception, don’t you think? I mean, this is someone that boasted that he could murder someone in cold blood and not lose any support.

5 Likes

“Oh, my!”

6 Likes

I like to think he’s surrounded by people who would grab his hand, but it seems more likely the people around him are helping him choose targets.

3 Likes

That is one ugly dude.

2 Likes

Hopefully he’s around people who suddenly have to tie their shoes at the exact moment someone’s taking shots at him.

1 Like

If this is taken to the ridiculous extreme, I’m going to do what I usually do and amp it up to the next ridiculous level.

Any place with a “toilet cop” is going to have that gentleman witness my schlong whipped out at him, with insistence that he feel it to make sure that it’s not just a convincing prosthetic.

Like with the TSA, a great form of resistance is to subtly rub against the “pat down” hand while breathing deeply. Or asking the fine gentleman when he gets off work when he’s done with the pat down.

Make any a-hole who takes a similar job regret ever doing it.

6 Likes