Assange "too ill" for court hearing, says lawyer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/30/assange-too-ill-for-court.html

5 Likes

Hey, now he has something in common with george pell.

3 Likes

How fortuitous that he’s suddenly too ill to be in court. :thinking:

8 Likes

Where’s my tiny violin when I need it?

6 Likes

I hope he gets well soon. Being sick is the pits.

(Being sexual assaulted is worse, of course.)

7 Likes

This is only his opening gambit. Coming up:

[Background]

3 Likes

Manafort was also quite ill. He managed.

3 Likes

It seems there’s some healthy scepticism. If Assange can’t ‘attend’ a hearing by video link, the hearing can go to him.

BBC:

On Thursday, chief magistrate Emma Arbuthnot set the next hearing for 12 June and suggested the hearing could take place in Belmarsh, adding: “It may be more convenient for everyone if it’s there.”

How kind.

12 Likes

“too ill” for court hearing

Is that anything like being “too legit” to quit?

4 Likes

peaky-blinders-tommy-sad

15 Likes

Do you hear it, Julian? That’s the sound of inevitability. Best just to rip that band-aid off quickly, no?

2 Likes

Don’t forget, Assange’s goal here isn’t to stay out of jail. It’s to get you paying attention to Julian Assange.

Good job, Jules. Got us again.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever conducted a normal conversation with him?

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

8 Likes

Being an asshole is not an illness.

2 Likes

The CIA is poisoning him!
(Or else he can’t stomach prison food.)

I once saw him walking down the street wearing a baseball cap backwards, I was like “Damn, that’s the most ill white man I ever saw!”

Thoughts and prayers, asshole.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I think Assange must have caught the same sudden illness that Paul Manafort caught. :open_mouth:

I gotta say, though, I’ve got really mixed feelings about Assange. Well, no, actually, I’m pretty solidly sold on the idea he’s a complete douche, but the idea that WikiLeaks has gone from what seemed like a freedom of information hero to blatant Russian tool is pretty annoying :-/

4 Likes
1 Like