At Arlington, Trump's team continues to disrespect veterans

Terrorists! They are everywhere and want to blow up your local WalMart! Or something.

Visitor Screening and Security:
https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Visit/Security

Oh look, there is also something about Cemetery Etiquette:
https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Visit/Visitor-Tips

Apparently they didn’t bring pets (read: dogs; I wonder why) which makes this a solid 1 out of 6.

15 Likes

He shared this late last night. He really is surrounded by enablers.

WE WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS OUR HEARTFELT THANKS AND APPRECIATION TO PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP FOR HIS PRESENCE AT THE RECENT SECTION 60 GATHERING, HONORING OUR CHILDREN AND THEIR FALLEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS. ON THE THREE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE ABBEY GATE BOMBING, E PRESIDEN AND HIS TEAM CONDUCTED THEMSELVES WITH NOTHING BUT THE UTMOST RESPECT AND DIGNITY FOR ALL OF OUR SERVICE MEMBERS, ESPECIALLY OUR BELOVED CHILDREN. WE HAD GIVEN OUR APPROVAL FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP’S OFFICIAL VIDEOGRAPHER AND PHOTOGRAPHER TO ATTEND THE EVENT, ENSURING THESE SACRED MOMENTS OF REMEMBRANCE WERE RESPECTFULLY CAPTURED AND SO WE CAN CHERISH THESE MEMORIES FOREVER. WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL TO THE PRESIDENT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HONOR OUR CHILDREN AND FOR STANDING ALONGSIDE US IN OUR GRIEF, OFFERING HIS UNWAVERING SUPPORT DURING SUCH A DIFFICULT TIME. HIS COMPASSION AND RESPECT MEANT MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS.

18 Likes

As always, there is no bottom.

19 Likes

WE HAD GIVEN OUR APPROVAL FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP’S OFFICIAL VIDEOGRAPHER AND PHOTOGRAPHER TO ATTEND THE EVENT

Even though they had no authority whatsoever to grant approval for filming and photography.

29 Likes

Yeah, more details have been coming out, including a physical altercation between Trump staff and cemetery personnel. Trump’s campaign manager has described the cemetery personnel as being “brain damaged” and assault charges have been filed. It would be nice to see some rough waters for Trump’s team being generated by all of this.

14 Likes

I don’t know which is going to turn out to be the “main” post when there are two similar ones, but I will repeat what I said:

He has no respect or reverence for anyone else but himself. He’s doing the thumbs up because its about him and doing a photo op. These dead soldiers are literally being used as political props.

It’s sick. It’s just another example of the complete lack of respect and understanding of people who serve in the military, from the “suckers and losers” to “I prefer people who weren’t POWs” to “the Medal of Freedom is actually better than the Medal of Honor”.

Any vet not completely brainwashed into the cult should be outraged.

PS

I would $1000 to see three or four Marines in dress blues remove Trump from the cemetery.

19 Likes

What good is the Arlington National Cemetery if it can’t be used as a prop for a political campaign? /s

6 Likes

… it just doesn’t seem like a category of thing that should be litigated in the press, like a couple of celebrities dissing each other on TMZ

If Arlington doesn’t take actual legal steps to punish those violations, it’s another example of Trump doing what he wants, getting away with it, and proving the rules don’t apply to him :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

… some people really just can’t understand that Trump is not President anymore and doesn’t have official anythings :unamused:

21 Likes

I can understand that these parents are undoubtedly still suffering grief from losing their children, but the fact is all service members know this is a possibility and our modern military is all volunteer. I’m sorry for their loss, but standing by and smiling, no standing by and inviting Trump to piss on the graves of their children is vile and disgusting, and these parents are dishonoring their actual sacrifice in doing this. “Dignity and respect?” You have got to be kidding. This farce of a human being knows neither those words or the concepts involved.

Furthermore, you cannot give permission for this trespass. That’s not the way that works, anymore than I could give permission for a video team to follow me into my appointments at the VA hospital. I have the right to be there (within certain parameters), but I do not have the ability to extend that right to just anyone. (Exceptions for caretakers, etc., but there are limitations even there.)

This shouldn’t surprise anyone, I guess. Cult members willing to kill their children for their messiah isn’t anything new; holding their messiah’s penis while he pisses on their grave goes right along with that. It still turns my stomach to see that photo and even more to read those words.

21 Likes

Wait, what? Is this that “one trick that drives the rule-keepers and the law-keepers crazy”?

Well, as the CEO of kaboomj industries, I have given approval of many, many wonderful things. Just ask my defense attorney.

3 Likes

I would guess that one of Trump’s scribes drafted that screed statement, because it reads like a deranged Trump rant but with too many big words.

13 Likes

Frankly it’s disgusting that an American ex-president should be using a stereotypical British gesture in that kind of situation.

In a way though… by not reversing what Obama did he sort of did do the things Obama signed into law. Or something…

1 Like

Yeah.
And also, what about the families of the other 11 service members who were killed? Were they at the gathering? Were they all invited but only these ones came? If so, that’s a story.

15 Likes

Almost certainly. Note that T***p is referred to as “president” throughout.

9 Likes
10 Likes

[CNN: “JUST IN: The US Army has issued a stark rebuke of the Donald Trump campaign for an incident with an employee at Arlington National Cemetery. cnn.it/4dZ2Wq3” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

[b-boy bouiebaisse: “so the day after jd vance said the trump campaign did not film an ad at a gravesite, the trump campaign released the ad they filmed at the gravesite” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

[Trump Campaign Filming at Arlington Cemetery Dismayed Family of Green Beret - The New York Times (nytimes.com)]

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/28/us/politics/trump-arlington-cemetery.html

17 Likes

Maybe because, according to Mr. Trump, the US Military are out of ammo…

[Trump Claims U.S. Soldiers ‘Don’t Have Ammunition’ (mediaite.com)]

12 Likes

16 Likes