At Arlington, Trump's team continues to disrespect veterans

The idea was to lay a wreath honoring the 13 members of the U.S. military who were killed during the evacuation of Kabul in 2021 and film a political ad. They would distribute the video and attack Vice President Harris and President Biden for not “showing up” for their campaign event, which they sought to portray was an established memorial.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trumps-arlington-cemetery-campaign-event

14 Likes

tina fey eye roll GIF

GIF by reactionseditor

12 Likes

points to the same locatiion as

13 Likes

Link ref crimethink, plusungood unbellyfeel unrectified. Thinkpol order reading rewarded with joycamp, unpersoning.
— X Minitrue.

14 Likes

Truth hurts their feelers.

6 Likes

He was speaking in Michigan, he’s not letting it go.

“Kamala does not respect you. Just ask the families of the 13 incredible service member heroes who died during the surrender of Afghanistan – The parents, sisters, and brothers asked me to go to Arlington and I did – While I was there, they said could you take pictures with us and I said absolutely and I did.”

10 Likes

2 Likes

Maybe. But X is a forty Billion dollar company. It doesn’t deserve anything, much less the benefit of the doubt.

8 Likes

Johnson pulled strings to get Trump in there:

19 Likes

Why does Mike Johnson hate our troops?

15 Likes

And for those of us who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, Section 60 — the burial site of hundreds of service members killed in those wars — is the inner sanctum. It is the most sacred plot among more than 600 hallowed acres. When I lived in Northern Virginia during Barack Obama’s administration, I avoided Section 60 studiously. It was too much, and still too close. There was always that looming sense that it could’ve been me. Maybe it should’ve been me.

So I didn’t visit until I was about to move back to Dallas. An Army buddy told me I had to go before I left D.C. So I did. Finally.

All of this is to say that, to combat veterans, Arlington National Cemetery has the same power that all holy places have. And that is why Donald Trump’s recent behavior is so repulsive.

14 Likes

Secretary Wormuth is the first woman to become Secretary of the Army. The Trump campaign and Donald Trump himself have been attacking women recently. The cemetery official who filed a report allegedly stating they had been verbally and physically accosted is a woman. Trump himself made a sexual and sexist attack on Vice President Kamala Harris, his Democratic political opponent, just this morning.

14 Likes

I can only imagine this was some kind of joke at the hands of Junior’s ghostwriter.

10 Likes

The person his goons harassed declined to press charges out of fear of retaliation. Just another example of how in many ways he’s succeeded in dragging down so much of the country with him.

16 Likes

I guess that when you dig a grave in hallowed ground, it actually becomes hollowed ground.

1 Like

17 Likes

Better known as Leni.

6 Likes

Reading about this incident lead me to think “OK, that’s it, this deplorable behavior, plus his recent retweeting a Kamala-Hillary-bj tweet, is certainly the last straw, and he’ll have to drop out of the race after giving a hate-filled rant/apology-not-an-apology”, right. Right?

Then I recall having that exact same thought after the Access Hollywood “grab them by the [genitals]” tape came out. Exact. Same. Thought.

Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, please put this ignorant trash down. Legally, Reagan/Mondale-level beat down.

I’m not USian, technically no actual dog in this fight. But when the 800-kg gorilla goes bat-shit insane, it’s hard to get any rest up here.

9 Likes

Trump supports dictators worldwide, like insisting Ukraine should fold before Putin’s imperialism, and plans to go all in on exacerbating global warming for the sake of short-term cash grabs like cryptocurrency. He’s also in no small part to credit for Covid-19 becoming a permanent part of life after he decided to let it spread as a political weapon. Everyone in the world is at risk from him.

12 Likes

All Republicans hate our troops. You don’t love the fuel that’s being poured into your engine, you just love the results. The more completely it gets burned up in the process, the better. That is how Republicans feel about our troops.

Signed, a veteran.

(Edit: Completed my thought - I left out a sentence!)

15 Likes