At insane speeds, Moto2 racer pulls other rider's brake and gets banned

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/10/at-insane-speeds-moto2-rider.html

3 Likes

a lifetime ban from competition.

Yep. No second chance.

32 Likes

For those that don’t want to watch the video, here’s a gif of what happened.

me_2cSmP

Holy shit!

29 Likes

No kidding! Did the other rider pee in his Cheerios that morning? That seems like malicious intent; surely there’s no way he thought he could get away with it?

11 Likes

This dude needs to be hit with criminal charges as far I’m concerned

39 Likes

Coulda been worse, they just released screenshots of this guy’s training videos…

16 Likes

I know, right? I mean shit happens in racing, and yes, sometimes it’s malicious – but it seems like even if it is malicious there’s generally some level deniability behind it (oh, no – my pressure was low on one of my tires which was why I accidentally slid into the other driver’s car).

This is just so utterly blatant I don’t see how there can be any deniability here. I don’t think “yeah, my neck and arm was sore so I was stretching and just happened to accidentally grab the other guy’s handlebar” is gonna cut it.

15 Likes

two things…

1. He should be banned from racing.
  2. What is with people like this? It’s sort of like GOP politicians … YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING FILMED!!! Like, how the hell does your brain think you can do something like that and not get caught??
17 Likes

I think the video is being misinterpreted. The one guy just wanted to eat some Cheetos and asked the other guy to hold the wheel for a second. Who hasn’t done this on a road trip before?

7 Likes

Anyone else get the sense his team is glad for a reason to show him the door? Guessing this asshole doesn’t have a lot of real friends.

16 Likes

I’m always totally flummoxed by people who cheat at stuff like this. Why would you want to win if you knew you cheated? How would you enjoy the “victory”?

12 Likes

See, now that’s the problem right there.
Can’t be assuming these things!
:rofl:

6 Likes

Fenati apparently has a fairly long record of assholish and dangerous behavior:

For those of you following MotoGP, you probably know the name ‘Romano Fenati’, and probably not for particularly savory reasons. His temper has seen him kicking out at fellow riders in Moto3, as well as getting dropped by Valentino Rossi’s Sky VR46 program for bad behavior.

10 Likes

11 Likes

This isn’t about cheating, They were both far behind thanks to a previous incident which is what he was retaliating for.

This is about doing something intentionally that could cause someone to get killed!!!

18 Likes

One of the new Road Rashes? Road Rash 2 was a classic.

3 Likes

Ask Trump.

14 Likes

Some sort of attempted murder charges seem appropriate as well.

6 Likes

Christ what an asshole doesn’t even come close to what easily could have resulted in serious injury or death.

3 Likes

He took name his own team a little too seriously.

2 Likes