At least 11 killed in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Post on gun control earlier made this year by the Rabbi of Pittsburgh’s ‘Tree of Life’ synagogue:

13 Likes

Yeah. It doesn’t help that Trump is doubling down on his attacks. He’s joining in on the “lock him [Soros] up” chants at rallies. He literally went off script while reading prepared remarks about “unifying” to attack “globalists,” and when someone shouted about locking up Soros, he smiled and pointed at the guy. He’s beyond parody - and devoid of any hint of decency.

36 Likes

capt-jack-yep

I love this entire platform. It fucking sucks that way too many people would consider everything you outlined here to be “extreme” or outside the mainstream… but literally everything you just put in that list should be common sense… the fact that it’s not is telling about where the fuck we are in the world today.

27 Likes

Soros literally just had a threat to his life…

sarah-jane-serious

17 Likes

Only those inside the Fox News / infoWars bubble would consider these positions extreme. It is, therefore, highly unfortunate that these are exactly the folks who are the decision makers and influence peddlers in our government. It’s a very vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless.

5 Likes

Would like to add an electorate that cares enough to educate itself and then get out and vote, even if and especially when suppression is in play.

4 Likes

The problem is that a huge number of people who aren’t in the infowars bubble will play along out of political expediency. They may be horrified by what’s happening, but sticking with it will get them the tax cuts they want. We don’t just have a Nazi problem; we have a Nazi collaborator problem.

40 Likes

I agree, but even then, enough people will play the whole “we have to hear out both sides” argument that it becomes part of the discourse. This really goes back to the Bush administration putting pressure on the FCC to ensure “equal time” to “both” sides of a political debate…

Or what he said! This is especially true when the issues don’t have an impact on certain people (such as attacks on black, Muslim, Jewish, etc Americans). It’s really easy to say “it’s both sides” when it’s not one’s own life on the line… hence, much of white American will shake their head, and think they have fuck all to do with what’s happening. But one day, it’s going to directly effect them, and all of a sudden, it will be too late.

16 Likes

Agree, still a minority if and only if the rest will vote.

4 Likes

This.  

22 Likes

Of course he will, He needs to blame the victims, doesn’t he? After all, the gunman was white, possibly Norwegian…

5 Likes

To some extent, the “very fine people” bullshit after C’ville put an end to at least some of the both sides arguments. I have seen more and more speakers boldly calling the President’s lies, lies instead of waffling with "“questionable statement” crap. Leslie Stahl actually pushed back on his bullshit on 60 Minutes. Maybe. I am a naturally optimistic person, usually. I will say I still have hope that evil doesn’t win.

13 Likes

Keep in mind that every single person shouting out to lock up Soros, Hillary and any other political opponent of the far right is going to be voting. Please vote and encourage everyone else to vote also. The first step towards sanity is to prevent a single political party from controlling all branches of government.

12 Likes

You are late to the game. Already blamed the victims for not being armed and ready to defend themselves. At a bris. Hey, the moyle should have a knife! So it’s his fault for not defending them! (Oh Lord, I hope this is sarcasm and none of those assholes pick up this idea.)

6 Likes

Me too, it just takes a concerted effort to make sure this happens…

11 Likes

I didn’t need to know as I fully expected it. Trump is predictable.

8 Likes

Nobody needs to identify him as white. He was taken alive, after all.

21 Likes

14 Likes

Not only dead, but the tiny fragments would be unrecognizable amid the bullets and spent brass.

7 Likes

Well, your hypothesis is undergoing testing. So far, the other outcomes are funerals, NRA commercials, and increased sales of weapons and ammo.

5 Likes