At least 11 killed in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

11 dead, 4 injured, plus 1 nazi asshole recovering.

9 Likes

Very well put.

I’ll be re-sharing your words wherever I can, and amplifying your message.

13 Likes

He rants against “globalists” and in a couple of days a Jewish congregation is attacked. Coincidence? I think not. What is globalist a dog whistle for?

19 Likes

All that seems to have done to Trump is make him realize his words had an impact on his base, so he should do more of it. I mean, he literally interrupted a speech about “unifying” to attack Soros, apropos of nothing… Trump’s got a bag of tricks that he brings out every time he talks, regardless of how inappropriate the context is, and “jail Soros” is now part of it.

Trump fundamentally agrees with them. He 100% buys into all the racist slurs and stereotypes, which for Jews involve being soulless, controlling and money-grubbing. But for Trump, he sees those labels less as insults and more aspirational /descriptive of himself. He’s also extremely privileged and doesn’t see violent rhetoric as applying to him or his family anyways - because, let’s face it, it doesn’t - his wealth insulates him with too many layers of protections for those kinds of concerns to bother him. But ultimately, Trump is also a sociopath who fundamentally doesn’t give a shit about anyone else, even his own children, except insofar as they reflect well on him. Donnie’s not Jewish himself, so he really does not give a fuck so long as those people like him.

28 Likes

Agreed. How fucked up is that…

16 Likes

This guy is giving loons a bad name.

17 Likes

Now, I’m not calling Mr. DeSantis a racist, I’m simply saying the racists believe he’s a racist,

Andrew Gillum

12 Likes

When Trump got elected, anti-Semitic attacks immediately jumped almost 60%. Trump ranted against “globalists” and Soros in particular, and Soros was sent a bomb. Trump’s recent “unifying” comments were supposed to be a response to those bomb murder attempts, and in the middle of it, he couldn’t help himself but start attacking Soros again. The Soros attack isn’t based on anything but the anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. It’s barely even a dog whistle at this point.

27 Likes

I don’t think we don’t have racist dog whistles anymore. We seem to have racist sirens going off worldwide, like this.

14 Likes

Is the US approaching peak MAGA? Is the upcoming election creating an asymptote?

6 Likes

Trump said “this appears to be an act of anti-semitism, it’s unbelievable that would still happen today”

says the privileged, rich, old white guy.

RACISM DIDN’T END BECAUSE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCE IT ASSHOLE.

24 Likes

Indeed, “thought and prayer” supplies must be reaching critical levels. In future they will be reserved for shootings involving white/non-Jewish victims. From now on, all other shootings will be greeted with a knowing wink and white power hand sign.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

5 Likes

Some Looms are not so beneficent.

These sirens signaled real Nazis.

9 Likes

In his last interview before death, Dennis Potter said that his greatest regret in life was that he never took the opportunity to shoot Murdoch.

17 Likes

I’m so sad. I don’t know what to do anymore.

3 Likes

Religious leaders aren’t helping either.

18 Likes

Vote. Volunteer for a candidate you like. Call out bigotry wherever you see it. The bastards are trying to wear us all down with wave after wave of this kind of over-the-top awfulness and will continue to do so until we make it as unacceptable in American society as it was before 2016.

24 Likes

Molly is a community activist from Charlottesville.

16 Likes

Just trying to work out the significance of 1488 degrees F

1 Like