At least 6 sharks have washed up on shores with swordfish swords stabbed through their heads

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/30/at-least-6-sharks-have-washed-up-on-shores-with-swordfish-swords-stabbed-through-their-heads.html

9 Likes

4Yb4GL2

13 Likes
13 Likes

You should never trust anything that smiles all the time.

15 Likes

(checks) Nope, I didn’t have “swordfish save us from shark apocalypse” on my 2020 Bingo card, damn it.

16 Likes

Let’s remember, orcas outweigh great whites by about 4x, hunt in well-coordinated groups of 5-20 while great whites are usually solitary, and are much smarter. That’s like a bobcat not wanting to compete with a pack of wolves. Until recently we didn’t know that orcas would literally squeeze out a shark’s liver and leave the rest of the corpse, but it’s not surprising a shark wouldn’t want to take on an orca by competing for food and hunting grounds. Amazing they stay away for so long, though. I wonder if that’s intentionally staying away, or more “they got far enough that when they resumed their normal hunting strategy, that’s how long it took before they ended up back there.”

10 Likes

Or maybe the sharks are trying to save us from the swordfish and are losing! :woman_shrugging: I think that would be more on brand for 2020.

16 Likes

Considering us I very much doubt either species would lift a fin to save us. They would have a gory and blood soaked celebration if we vanished. I think it’s a gang war. A vicious undersea gang war. There would be flames except, well, under sea. (Looking at you, Sponge Bob!)

13 Likes

11 Likes

28 Likes

When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When you’ve got a great big stabby thing on your face, everything looks like it needs a stabbin’.

13 Likes

At least 6 sharks have washed up on shores with swordfish swords stabbed through their heads

Were they Grateful Dead fans?

7 Likes

I’d like to propose an aquatic reboot of West Side Story, starring sharks and orcas.

As an added feature, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid will be eaten during intermission.

4 Likes

(I’m in very Pythonesque mood today!)

4 Likes

Great. Now they’ll make a Swordfishnado movie, yay.

6 Likes

Are they sure it’s not from the nose cone of one of these?
nosecone
A Jet?

3 Likes
7 Likes

Sharknado vs. Swordphoon: The Stabbening

9 Likes

Some F-16s have sharks on them

4 Likes

Nope. You’re either a Jet or a Shark, can’t be both - Tony tried and paid the price.

15 Likes