At rally, Trump fantasizes about beating up Biden, says he'll fire Fauci after election, again strands crowd

The fun thing is, it’s all too easy to imagine the orange numpty cringing if someone were to actually raise their fist at him. He may think he’s tough because WWE let him play make believe, but Joe is tough. He’s the real deal.

Trump is just making a feint before he leaves for a, um, an overseas vaca– no wait, a summit. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

2 Likes

In 2016 I felt bad for people being fooled by Trump, in 2020 you know what you’re going to get or you’re willfully ignorant. This isn’t even the first time people were stranded in the past week!

5 Likes

Dr. Fauci isn’t some abstract guy, battling Trump on useless points.

A couple of months ago I saw “Fauci” on a paper. I figured someone else with the same name. But no, it was him and he’s been involved in a number of important studies.

He’s no doctor who decided administration was better than research or dealing with patients.

That study was about my rare disease, his work seems to have ensured people with it actually have a life. Maybe that’s reason to fire him, but it can’t be reason to dismiss what he’s saying.

17 Likes

I’m with you, 2016 was because people were fooled. 2020 is more than just willfully ignorant. Voting for Trump™ time around and people are also willfully racist, bigoted misogynists who are choosing hate and corruption and garner no sympathy. 'When you lie down with dogs you wake up with fleas.’

5 Likes

That’s a nice talking point, except it’s wrong. America - and Americans - did elect trump.

Pelosi has already advanced legislation on convening a legislative 25th amendment body. It wasn’t entirely idle speculation.

2 Likes

That’s true, but it’s not what I said.

Electoral college =/= Americans.
And that’s not even considering US citizens who can’t vote for president at all, like Puerto Ricans.

By the way, sorry for using word “Americans” - should have said US citizens in my previous post.

7 Likes

Trump is again telling his story about how he could beat up Biden

I mean… I would be 100% behind using Thunderdome to determine the winner.

4 Likes

As I said back in 2016, nobody was fooled by Trump. His motives and incompetence were perfectly clear back then. There were no poor, oafish coal miners who just voted for him because he tricked them into thinking he would bring back jobs. His campaign was founded and ran completely on unabashed racism, sexism and fascism. What’s been happening the past four years is not going to wake them up because it’s exactly what they wanted to happen, and exactly the reason they voted for Trump in the first place. Assuming any right-wingers are so mind-bogglingly stupid that the world’s least convincing liar bamboozled them is to underestimate their capabilities and malevolence, and that is very, VERY dangerous.

13 Likes

I’m mixing them up, but there have indeed been three rallies where this has happened. My understanding, which may not be correct, is that for two of them this happened because the bus/shuttle companies realized, too late, that they weren’t getting paid.

It sounds like there are, but they also voted for him because he’s a racist/misogynist/fascist.

5 Likes

I’m just frustrated with the narrative that’s been pushed ever since Trump became president that his voters were just simple-minded rural folk who were tricked by his oh-so-clever ways, but are really good-hearted people deep down, and if only we mean liberals hadn’t been so condescending and elite, this wouldn’t have happened. These people were, at best, willing to absolutely ruin the lives of everyone who isn’t a middle-aged white “Christian” male for their own personal benefit, but I have a hard time believing they even thought there would be a benefit, because it’s not like Trump had some dramatic shift in personality as soon as he got into office. The Trump campaigning in 2016 was the same narcissistic, inept, constantly lying, self-contradicting piece of shit we have in 2020, not some sneaky mastermind. It’s really frustrating to see people on the left STILL feeling sorry for folks who deliberately put the suffering and punishment of the poor, non-whites and women as their top priority and who are going out in droves to do it all over again even as they and their families die of COVID. These people aren’t doing what they do by accident, they’re fucking scorpions and they do not need or deserve our sympathy or understanding. They are not victims.

13 Likes

You’re thinking Joe could take Trumpy? Hell RBG could have taken him down with one kick to the nards.

The cruelty is the point

19 Likes

He’ll wreak even more havoc if he “wins” (gets 100,000s of urban ballots thrown out like he is currently in the courts sueing for in most states). And all he has to do is appeal those cases until they get in front of one of his hand-picked judges who swore personal loyalty to him and promised to rule in his favor as a condition of getting the appointment.

5 Likes

Well, he hasn’t been demanding “blood in the streets” [yet], so I suppose we should count our blessings. (of course, he’s been cheering on blood in the streets when it happens, but he hasn’t been yelling for it)

2 Likes

His boys are on “stand by” for now.

7 Likes

The problem is there are so many people that want others to be hurt, and are thrilled to see trump miss-manage to the point 1000’s of people are dead because of it. And they’ll gladly blame the dems/blacks/immigrints/liberals if someone they care about sufferes because of trumps actions.

6 Likes

Yeah, there was a NYTimes article a week or two ago, that was about people supposedly voting for Trump because of economic issues. People who said they didn’t like the other things Trump was saying, but thought his addressing the loss of manufacturing jobs and global trade, etc. was really important and thought he was good for the economy. Which left me scratching my head because, leaving aside that being okay with a fascist candidate says something pretty declarative about the voter’s values, it’s just not true. Trump’s only paid lip service to the idea of increasing manufacturing jobs, but has never shown any understanding of the issues, much less ever addressed them, and has demonstrably been bad for the economy (and specifically manufacturing). Trump talked a lot about reviving coal mining, but there was never anything he could do. The specific “deals” that Trump loudly and repeatedly trumpeted turned out to be fantasies that never came to pass. So I’m not sure whether this particular subset of Trump voters are just fascist-sympathizing ignorant idiots who got hoodwinked, or are using the economics stuff as a cover because they can’t admit to being entirely motivated by their racism/misogyny/homophobia/fascism.

11 Likes

If Donny-Boy threatens publicly to assault Biden, a presidential candidate, doesn’t that break a few laws?

1 Like

You can just add those infractions to the list. Maybe someone will get around to looking into them someday in their PHD research paper.

5 Likes