ATF encourages Americans to snitch on ex-partners as a "Valentine's Day surprise"

Originally published at: ATF encourages Americans to snitch on ex-partners as a "Valentine's Day surprise" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Perfect for Chicago, where a Valentine’s Day surprise has a LOT to do with guns:

16 Likes

There is no way in hell I’m going to help these assholes…

PCJF Executive Director Mara Verheyden-Hilliard stated : “These documents demonstrate again that federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies target social justice movements’ First Amendment-protected activities because they pose a political threat, not a violent one.”

Verheyden-Hilliard continued : “At a moment when once again the country is debating expanding the authority of the FBI to gain massive surveillance powers — this time through breaking encryption — it is important to recognize that federal law enforcement, including the FBI, have been exposed for abusing their counter-terrorism authority and funding as a matter of operational routine to target free speech activities and dissent.”

17 Likes

I thought ATF actually had a really poor record of prosecuting illegal gun sales.

7 Likes

Don’t worry, the ATF has plenty of extrajudicial surprises in its wheelhouse too.

10 Likes

Cool. I plan to use this to alert the ATF to every jackwagon I see driving a lifted truck around the suburbs of Pittsburgh, because 75% of those clowns don’t have a CC permit, and they’re definitely strapped at all times.

15 Likes

My X, Ex employer the US Government. You’ll have to do the leg work ATF.

7 Likes

The ATF uses ACAB as a mantra/behavior instruction.

2 Likes

Dear ATF, Pucker Carlson and Sean Hammy have dozens of unregistered ghost machine guns in their garages! Oh, they’re white Trumpy fascists, so it’s okay? Carry on then!

4 Likes

Do these campaigns ever work? I mean at all?

You see these “hey, wondering if your meth is pure? Come get it tested at your local PD!”. Does anyone who is actually doing meth fall for that?

Or… is this all just pointless BS to remind people that these groups are (supposedly) working hard to remove meth/illegal guns/whatever off the streets?

4 Likes

See also: every vehicle with firearm-themed stickers on the window. Out here that’s every 4th or 5th car…

5 Likes

That would be a state law they are violating.

ATF deals with federal laws, which include many illegal gun sales.

I guess as far as “minimal effort, with possibility of reward” go, a Tweet for random tips isn’t costing them much. But yeah, if you didn’t think to call in your ex for illicit activities after a break up, I am not sure a tweet would suddenly prompt you to do so.

1 Like

I’m guessing this was inspired by the number of people that got turned in by their exes after the capital riot. The ATF, and the government suck in plenty of ways. But ammosexuals doing straw-man purchases and illegal sales suck too.

2 Likes

ATF snitching on themselves for conspiracy to premeditated murder?

3 Likes

Become a Government informer.

Betray your family and friends.

Fabulous prizes to be won

5 Likes

I knew these guys who once sold arms to the Iranian government, in violation of an arms embargo. Actually, everybody knows them since they were national news at the time. Go get 'em, boys!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.