Atheist shoes experience a miraculous transformation

This only makes it easier for Trump to identify atheists to round up and deport.

2 Likes

It’s not like there’s a visible logo.

1 Like

After many, many nearly imperceptible iterations, of course. Hey, this really is like actual design work.

15 Likes

Me, too. There’s a definite absence of crosses or other religious symbols on them.

Design_FINAL. Design_FINALfinal. Design_FINALfinal_IMeanIt…

Eventually you just start oscillating around two equally confusing design patterns

4 Likes

At some point I resort to appending random crap like “_ go tiger”, “_ NOW FOR REAL I SWEAR PLEASE” or simply “_ desperation” to the filenames.

The level of nonsense is a fairly reliable forensic clue to the panic monster effect at the time.

3 Likes

I’m concerned that they aren’t GPLed. I only wear Free Open Source Shoes.

5 Likes

If only we had some simple geometric symbol we could wear around our necks to announce as soon as you see us that, no, we aren’t going to see you in church Sunday.

2 Likes

Atheism is not a religious preference.

Which religion you subscribe to is a religious preference. Whether you subscribe to religion at all is an epistemological preference.

17 Likes

Since this is an argument derived from contentious definitions and premises it never works at persuading anyone who doesn’t already agree. It’s great for igniting endless irresolvable flame wars, though.

10 Likes

True.

Although other people’s religious beliefs or lack thereof don’t concern me that much, there’s something to be said about aggressively declaring I DON’T COLLECT STAMPS!

9 Likes

why his noodliness created krazy glue gel

1 Like
Not a single "footprints in the sand" joke? @modusoperandi, you're the best of us. Don't disappoint.
I already did that bit seven years ago.
21 Likes
14 Likes

Designers don’t use version control systems yet?

1 Like

Remember: Atheists don’t believe in intelligent design.

2 Likes

You’d need Fluevogs for that. They’re Satan resistant.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for someone wearing these to scold me apropos of nothing for how my wife’s shoes think there’s an Invisible Sky Shoemaker Fairy, and my shoes are just chickenshit excuse-making shoes because they think the question of whether there’s some larger meaning beyond shoe ken is less important and less knowable than how shoes are worn.

Oh wait, maybe it’s already happening!

Which tribalism you choose is a tribal preference. Whether you use tribalism to generate blog clicks is a marketing preference.

(Whether you reward the clickbait with comments is an entertainment preference.)

3 Likes

Maybe the smart ones? I wouldn’t know.

1 Like

I bought those shoes because they’re nice shoes not for their message.

The company “Atheist Shoes” is located in Berlin, Germany. Over here being atheist isn’t a partisan issue, so it’s more of a brand identity thing.

AFAIK only 25% of the US population have skills in a second language. Overall german language proficiency in the US is 0,46%. So the message under the sole of these shoes is probably parsed as “naziword naziword atheist” or something like that.

Btw the company sells most of these shoes with different slogans than “Ich bin Atheist”, you can design one yourself (more expensive) or choose “Darwin loves” as alternative.

1 Like