Atheists should be “hunted down vehemently” by authorities, says Malaysian minister

To defend God is to insult God.

8 Likes

That’s the mistake of having “authorities”. The conceit was, long ago, that most people were illiterate - so we need a privileged class of people to record and interpret things for us. That they “author” our collective culture for us. That ship done sailed a long time ago. It’s an exercise in classist oppression that is at least centuries out of date.

1 Like

The Buddha is a dried-up shit stick!

5 Likes

One good Serling deserves another:

15 Likes

I’ve met wonderful Malaysians in my life, especially when I was at uni.

…putting a Boba Fett Collectible by my door just in case your new President’s otherwise very Progressive regime go around looking for Collectible Unbelievers.

[Handsomely lit malt staging larder: vertical beams of hard sunlight stab through to full-size baking trays full of beet tailings.]
[Inquisitor, in Fair Pay embroidered Cat Suit:] So, you doubt the $130,000 valuation of the Val Kilmer Limited Edition Flask?
[Captive, bound thinly by bungee to center of Akita-clipping carpeted skate bowl:] Yeah, an edition of a hundred thousand in 303 stainless isn’t so rare.
[Inq:] Keep that up, and you’ll hear some non-core microaggressions.

10 Likes

Hey! I liked…one or more of those…

How many ways you can be wrong in a single thought?

IMG_0594

7 Likes

And neither can religion.

Not if you care about the truth/accuracy/validity of the answers, anyway.

5 Likes

His book of peace says the way you have peace is to convert the unbelievers. Either to Islam, and failing that, corpses.

I used to know an atheist alcoholic who dealt with the constant references to God in her 12-step program by mentally translating “God” to “Group Of Drunks”.

9 Likes

LOL.

That is one of the fair criticisms I’ve seen on the 12 step programs. Granted it has saved the lives of some people, but too often it is mandated by the courts and the like and overall isn’t that effective. A secular alternative should be viable.

IIRC Penn and Teller Bullshit! did a show on this.

3 Likes

The other criticism is that it’s a pseudoscientific cult with absolutely no evidence of significant effectiveness.

Yes, some people recover while in 12-step, because some people recover regardless. Their recovery rate is essentially identical to those found without the 12-step program.

Meanwhile, a huge chunk of rehab resources are diverted into ineffective quackery.

11 Likes

Flossy, are you feeling okay?

That comment was short, and simple; not your usual enigmatic style at all…

6 Likes

This just popped up on my FB feed.

I think it could catch on.

5 Likes

But if they kill all atheists who will make 45 minute YouTube videos about why feminists are evil for saying mean things about 3D asses in video games?

1 Like

How about the self-described Satanists, then? And they tend to be an athiestic-agnostic-Gnostic bunch, based on what they actually believe.

1 Like

One I definitely want in on!

1 Like

“Religion” is one of those words like “Democracy” that doesn’t actually mean very much, because it can mean so much, doncha think? Many people believe in science as a religion, for instance – but “science” here actually equates more to materialist-objectivist views about the nature of the universe, which to my mind actually has very little do do with the experimental results science has shown us, such as the wave-particle “duality” (non-duality).

This is why my own belief system/religion/science is based on logic, like my illuminated brothers and sisters of yore. We’ll only start making serious progress when we realize that the best religion is in no way incompatible with the findings of science, or the proceans of science.

Ya dig?

True facts brah