Atlanta cop filmed kicking handcuffed woman in head

Originally published at: Atlanta cop filmed kicking handcuffed woman in head | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That’s not how “rebuilding confidence with the community” works, officer.

10 Likes

They have not been trained to kick helpless citizens in the head? Well, I guess that is a good thing. But have they been trained to not kick helpless citizens in the head? Because that is a different thing, and far more important.

17 Likes

Gosh, how did I know the victim was not white before opening the video?

11 Likes

Which will promptly find she was resisting arrest and everything was fine, nothing to see here.

How many people actually trust police investigating themselves?

8 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that you had to include “don’t kick people in the damn head while they are on the ground and handcuffed.” in your training materials. Effing common sense would probably tell you that. Except that police departments just hire power tripping animals with minamal training that apparently nowdays includes “the public is your enemy, abuse the shit out of them.”

3 Likes

That poor woman with the dyed blonde hair couldn’t even.

IKR?!?
Even if she was spitting on him, as reported, just step out of spitting distance ffs. It’s not rocket surgery.
I’ve had a few run ins with cops in my life, and their overwhelming need for dominance is infuriating. IME, anytime a situation could go either way, they choose to escalate. They choose violence. Unless you happen to be a well-off white guy.

6 Likes

For police departments, the video plays as a recruitment ad.

2 Likes

Had a similar thought myself, that the woman would be black, but I noticed too that the cop appears to be black as well. So I guess psychopathic behavior is an equal opportunity trait.

2 Likes

Just because the cop is Black doesn’t mean there still isn’t racism involved. Black people aren’t immune to anti-Black sentiment, because they too are living in a society that constantly tells them that Black people are lesser than.

8 Likes

Foxes guarding the henhouse, nothing to see here!

1 Like

Bigotry + power (and/or privilege) == racism. In this case, :100:

1 Like

There’s no hatred more toxic than self-hatred.

4 Likes

I’m sure she was no angel.
/s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.