Attack of the Tourons

The British public info films were pretty jarring. Tractors rolling over on slopes, kids crushed between tractor and trailer in a turn, falling into slurry tanks and drowning, the list was long…

<Deleted long and boring and probably offensive and certainly stomach churning anecdotes of working and living with “Rural” chaps>

2 Likes

The worst I still remember is the one about overhead powerlines.

4 Likes

it’s a trap! They don’t need more personel, they need to curb tourism! You start hiring more personel, and then you normalize the idea of having 50% of your population replaced each 3 days

4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

Kesennuma, of course, is best known as one of the cities that was hardest hit in the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.

4 Likes

I know is only touron adjacent but… c’mon! Is there anything they cannot transform into a stupid trend?

(it just may be me getting old + the fact that I always found airport qeues extremely stressful but this triggers me extremely. Also I find the quote “people find this offensive because is led by women” very misleading. And I will stop ranting here)

6 Likes

Congratulations, they have re-invented the still life. Now if they at least included the memento mori aspect…

7 Likes

Okay, should I come across somebody doing this I will softly say “remember, you are mortal” from behind them.

8 Likes

I’m lost. Would you mind explaining why you think they should include that aspect?

Because that is traditionally a big part of the still life. Almost no still life from the golden age didn’t have an allegorical message, even if it isn’t always obvious.

And because influencers could probably benefit from the contemplation of their own mortality.

13 Likes

I have the perfect accessory for influencers.

10 Likes

Skulls take up a lot of space in your carry-on luggage.

8 Likes

Influencers? You’d have a strong market in the goth scene for that beauty!

7 Likes

Somehow I don’t see goths wearing watches. Except cyber goths maybe. Now if it came as a pocket watch…

7 Likes

I think a goth would wear that one…

5 Likes

We always have the fly (also a sign of decay and of the passing time). I can perfectly imagine a goth wearing a jeweled fly :smiley:

6 Likes

Jeweled Fly is the name of my new goth rock band.

6 Likes