Attack of the Tourons

6 Likes

Many websites promoting Yellowstone tourism encourage visitors to budget extra travel time, at least 30 minutes, in case of a bison jam. But tour bus drivers have schedules to keep, so it’s likely the driver of the Bluestar bus took whatever action they deemed necessary to keep traffic moving and finish their route.

Heggie hopes other tour buses don’t follow the Bluestar example. Bison jams, as long and frustrating as they can be, are part of the authentic Yellowstone experience and should be respected as such.

“While we’re in the park, we can observe wildlife, but they’re supposed to have priority,” he said. “It’s their home, and we’re there to visit. I don’t care if there are 100 cars in front of you. Just wait.”

11 Likes

BTW I almost forgot! It’s officially summer in Spain, we had the first touron “accidentally falling off a balcony”.

(He survived, as it was “only” 4 meters). Judging from the building I guess it was the first floor balcony. And I want to note these balconies are not short, regulations state that they need to be at least 1 meter tall.

16 Likes
8 Likes

Not exactly touron, but touron adjacent…

Short summary:
Company preparing a Louis Vouitton fashion show in Güell Park “accidentally” broke some of the historical elements, including one of the decorative stone balls and part of a stair wall.

The fashion show was planned for the American Cup. While the company assumed responsability and will fully pay the cost, it was the neighborhood association “Platafoma recuperem la Salut” (Platform for taking back La Salut) who discovered and reported the damage.

So on summary, a show catering to the 1% in the context of a cup catering to the 1% - and honestly nobody in the city asked for - broke some elements and would have gotten away scott free if not for those pesky neighbours who reported it!

9 Likes

computer rage GIF

6 Likes

18 Likes

Help Wanted:

We need a grizzly bear trainer.

Help Wanted next week:

Looks like we need a new grizzly bear trainer.

14 Likes

I think most of the ones that watch this thread commented already, but a link for future reference :smiley:

5 Likes

Good satire:

19 Likes

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes
15 Likes

people will complain when the sheet is replaced with concrete blocks

9 Likes

In that case, keep a supply of splints and tensor bandages handy, because someone is going “prove” their martial arts skill.

7 Likes

Local tourons decide that their love for balconies is over, so they decided to start group fights.

Summary of the news:
A group of british were celebrating a stag party in Mallorca, got very, very drunk and started behaving as spring breakers behave when they got very, very drunk - ie: BADLY.

Some local people called out to them as they were throwing empty beer cans to the sea, so they decided it the best way to respond to that is start a massive melee, which involved several townspeople and some policemen. Two policemen got minor injuries that had to be treated, and a waiter had to be moved to the nearby hospital with head injuries.

In words of the policemen “they never saw such a violent reaction before” and comment “they had to down them one by one as none yielded”. Eight tourons were detained, spent the night in the local jail, and are in the Guardia Civil custody (implication: they will get criminal trial; petty crimes don’t go through the GC).

16 Likes

:grin:

12 Likes

The “good thing” about British tourists is that they make American tourists look marginally better.

10 Likes

IDK, I recall a discussion we had on a touron-adjacent thread about how american tourists on mexico border are not much different :laughing:

6 Likes

Marginally better than they have looked. Not better than any others.

7 Likes
10 Likes