Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

7 Likes

“Also ghosts. Definitely stop any ghosts you see.”

11 Likes

…and unicorns. don’t want those stabby bastards in here, no sir!

8 Likes

Number of Capitol riot arrests of military, law enforcement and government personnel rises to 52 - ABC News

At least 52 active or retired military, law enforcement, or government service employees are among the over 400 suspects arrested for their alleged actions at the Capitol, according to an ABC News investigation based on military records, court records, interviews, and publicly available news reports. The arrests include over half a dozen ex-police officers and multiple former elected officials – and represent some of the most significant and violent charges brought in connection with the deadly insurrection.

1 in 8 is a fairly huge proportion! Sadly, also not all that surprising, considering the fascist drift obvious in, most especially, domestic police forces.

11 Likes

They replied “we are not a match”, and shared a screenshot of the exchange with authorities.

12 Likes

And to think that I believed that Ted Cruz was Fat Wolverine…

12 Likes

But it’s all fine now.

13 Likes

Here it is, the “JK LOL” defense IRL!

NYC Man Accused Of Threatening To Kill Members Of Congress Says It Was Just ‘Blather’ : NPR

13 Likes
16 Likes
15 Likes

smh.

9 Likes

Jesus fucking christ. What do I do? They have the legislature and the Governor’s office, and they have not a single honest, decent person amongst them.

MEMBERS-ONLY ARTICLE

Reporter Kicked Out Of AZ Audit After Photographing Ballot Counter Who Attended Insurrection

Anthony Kern speaks on Jan. 5 in Washington, D.C. (Screenshot/WPTV)

By Matt Shuham

|

April 30, 2021 5:54 p.m.

A reporter was kicked out of the Arizona GOP-controlled Senate’s audit of 2020 election results after publishing a photo showing that a former lawmaker who was present at the Jan. 6 Capitol attack was counting ballots.

Now, the audit’s Twitter account and Senate president are arguing with reporters online, justifying the expulsion of the reporter, Ryan Randazzo of the Arizona Republic.

Randazzo said he was asked to leave the audit of the results in Arizona’s largest county, Maricopa, after publishing a photo of Anthony Kern, a former member of the Arizona House of Representatives who was in D.C. for the Jan. 6 Trump rally that turned into a riot at the Capitol.

Ken Bennett, a spokesperson for the audit, told TPM that Kern was working as a “temporary hired employee” for the company doing the hand count of ballots, Wake TSI.

“He’s allowed to get hired by them just like anybody else,” Bennett said of Kern. He denied that Randazzo taking a photo of Kern was the basis for Randazzo’s expulsion.

Kern spoke at a pro-Trump rally in D.C. on Jan. 5. The far-right activist Ali Alexander introduced Kern as a “friend” at that event and said he was trying to convince Kern to run for state Senate or Congress.

“I pledge my life, I pledge my fortune, and I pledge my sacred honor, and I put my name out there, as a Republican Arizona state elector for Donald Trump! Four more years! We will not allow the vote to be stolen from our duly-elected president,” Kern said during his speech that day.

On Jan. 6, a photograph appeared to show Kern — who’d sought to throw out Arizona’s Electoral College votes — wearing a suit and tie on the Capitol steps as the building was being attacked.

The specific reasons for Randazzo’s expulsion Friday vary depending on who’s speaking.

Bennett, the audit spokesperson, told TPM that in taking his photo of Kern, Randazzo “got an image of the ballot. And the judge has explicitly told us that we need to be very careful and not allow the ballot images to be made public. And so the people I have helping me with security and other things asked him to leave, and our attorney backed that up.”

The audit’s Twitter account also said Randazzo was expelled because the photo showed a ballot.

But as The Arizona Republic’s Jen Fifield pointed out, reporters didn’t agree to not photograph ballots at all; rather, journalists observing the audit have agreed not to publish pictures showing discernible ballot information.

Randazzo himself forwarded TPM a statement that the Arizona Republic and other media outlets agreed to in order to gain access to the proceedings. The statement specified that reporters “have agreed to withhold visuals that detail any identifiable ballot information. As part of the reporting on this election audit, our cameras may show the faces of people involved in both the counting and observing process.”

On her Twitter account, Senate President Karen Fann claimed that an attorney for media organizations, “gave us his commitment the media would not dox the workers for their safety.”

The definition of doxxing can be fluid, but generally it refers to publishing private or otherwise identifying information of individuals.

It wasn’t clear who Fann believed Randazzo had doxxed. “[Y]ou may argue Kern is public figure but why did ABC 15 take zoom in closeups of workers FACES?” she wrote in response to a Twitter user questioning the journalist’s expulsion.

The audit has been burdened from the start with legal challenges, bumbling logistics and financing by right-wing conspiracy theorists.

15 Likes

Dumbass.

20 Likes

Oliver Bell-end.

9 Likes

Does he represent Dripping or Frothing?

10 Likes

Oh look, it’s another National Action “supporter” (I can’t prove he was a member, but he was in contact with their leaders).

9 Likes
13 Likes

possessing a copy of the anarchist cookbook.

1 Like
15 Likes

do i even want to ask how a watermark – if there was one – spoils a ballot? ( or i suppose, unspoils it? )

i do love the idea that trump personally marked every ballot. his god-like powers know no bounds. ( except when it comes to winning, making good deals, or getting people to like him. )

14 Likes