Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

I’m definitely concerned that the dems are letting the perfect to get in the way of the good. They have midterm coming up to worry about

13 Likes

Thread. Hopefully shedding some light of how they knew to go for the breakable windows.

19 Likes

Captain Caveman to possibly serve at least a year in jail

13 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Protip: You don’t get to disown your own guilty plea.

17 Likes
17 Likes

Come on, NPR. Another headline failure. Are you cribbing note from the NYT again?

The unprecedented move was an insurrection againsT the United States led by the outgoing president and his enablers in Congress. Investigating crimes by it’s own members is part of their job.

21 Likes

Yeah I can’t tell if they are sensationalizing for the sake of driving clicks, or if in their potential incredulous insulated NPR-esque naivete they are seriously pearl-clutching on how utterly “unprecedented” the dang coup plot action really was.

Hoping not only that the committee will do its job but that law enforcement drags the conscience-less traitors in before the committee, and if they plead the fifth or whatever, they can spend some time in lockup thinking about things. Important things.

I wish I could believe again in an America where U.S. voters would not re-elect coup-plotting traitors. Here’s hoping the bastards are voted out ASAP.

13 Likes

That last paragraph, yeah, good luck with that.

This next election cycle may very well be the last.

5 Likes

Do not give up, do not give in.

12 Likes

Oh I’m not I just don’t have faith in the rest of this country.

(Sorry, just spent the day at a funeral with a trumper contingent of my family.)

11 Likes

I am sorry for that. Politics is always local. I can only affect where i am, but i am sure as hell gonna do that. Shifting a few votes at a time, repeated over and over, is how we win this. Faith has nothing to do with it.

16 Likes

Is it too soon to start thinking about 2024?

14 Likes

Action or an imitation of action?

13 Likes

Most likely imitation, but —

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

maybe finally some action.

10 Likes

The absolute minimum is what it is.

Weird for so-called protectors of democracy right?

7 Likes

XhBf

13 Likes
10 Likes

Windows and doors amirite?

5 Likes