Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

8 Likes

“Everyone”

Via

13 Likes

The “rich” and “white” are understood.

9 Likes

I guess it depends what circles you run in. Maybe Mike Lee is used to everyone around him trying to overthrow governments from time to time.

DareAndDare

18 Likes

Still carrying on elsewhere, I guess.

6 Likes
16 Likes

Here we go again…

17 Likes

10 Likes

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-15-3

16 Likes
16 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/prime/in-interview-with-tpm-jan-6-rally-organizer-ties-date-change-to-trump

MEMBERS-ONLY ARTICLE

Article

In Interview With TPM, Jan. 6 Rally Organizer Ties Date Change To Trump

By Josh Kovensky | February 10, 2021 4:17 p.m.

Del. Stacey Plaskett made a key point Wednesday afternoon: Trump supporters’ Jan. 6 rally — timed to coincide with Congress certifying the election results — wasn’t just incidental. It occurred at Trump’s behest.

One of the rally’s early planners can corroborate that.

I’ve been asking Cindy Chafian, a conservative activist and reiki practitioner who was an organizer with Women For America First until December, about what happened. Chafian filed the permit with the National Park Service for the Jan. 6 rally, and was involved with the event’s planning and financing in its early stages.

Chafian told me that she had first asked the National Park Service in a late November application for a permit to hold a rally on Jan. 22 — after the inauguration.

“I tend to look ahead and submit permit applications for dates I think may be important,” Chafian told TPM in an instant message. “Originally I had it for the weekend following inauguration but after 12/12 rally and the issues with the election certification, I felt that date was more appropriate.”

I asked Chafian why the rally was moved from after the inauguration to smack dab in the middle of Congress’ certification of the Electoral College.

“January 6 was the day that the votes were to be certified or contested,” she replied. “And then the president called everyone to DC to support the rule of law and process of contesting votes thought to be ineligible.”

So the rally was moved to Jan. 6 because Trump asked for it?

Chafian also said that she had initially planned to hold the rally at D.C.’s Freedom Plaza, not the Ellipse, where Trump eventually gave the speech which launched the insurrection.

According to Chafian, some of these changes took place after Chafian was sidelined from the planning around the rally by Caroline Wren, a GOP operative. Wren kicked Chaifian out, CNN reported, by telling her one week before the rally that “You didn’t think we would let a nobody with an organization no one has ever heard of plan an event for the President did you?”

Chafian remains bitter about it, and claimed to TPM that Wren and others had taken over the event as part of an effort to draw Trump closer in to the bid to overturn the election results.

“The people that were responsible for setting up the stage as well as facilitating the organization of the event […] had worked with the presidential campaign many times so they knew every detail that needed to be checked in order to get the clearance from secret service at the last minute,” Chafian wrote. “Which is exactly what they did.”

According to Chafian, some of these changes took place after Chafian was sidelined from the planning around the rally by Caroline Wren, a GOP operative. Wren kicked Chaifian out, CNN reported, by telling her one week before the rally that “You didn’t think we would let a nobody with an organization no one has ever heard of plan an event for the President did you?”

These people never disappoint ones assumptions about their character.

16 Likes
15 Likes

The new video is really chilling.

7 Likes
18 Likes

Ha. So if Trump manages to form a party too, it’d split Repubs in 3!

(Well, it’s okay for me to dream, right?)

17 Likes

Definitely ok to dream. I keep hoping that Trump gets his punishment, which never comes. So this might be the next best thing, split the party into a bunch of splinter groups who can never agree and they just lose for the next 30 or 40 years. I still want someone to bop Trump on the head, though. It sucks that he’s so untouchable.

12 Likes

Sen. Kelly Townsend, R-Mesa, said if the Senate won’t ensure the integrity of Arizona’s elections, members of the public are forming a coalition to do so on their own, though it’s unclear exactly what they might do.

“It should be us doing it. But we have someone who has reneged on his word, and now it’s going to have to go into the hands of the public. And right now, the last place this needs to be is in a place where the public is so lathered up over all of this. We need to do this in a way that’s professional, legal and proper,” Townsend said.

But it appears that’s not going to happen, Townsend said, adding, “So, public, do what you’ve got to do.”

Well this is ominous

13 Likes

Once again, I don’t think this means what she thinks it means. “Integrity” does not mean throwing out all BIPoC votes, regardless of how many times they say this. Native votes flipped AZ blue, and I am sure the racist Repub core is enraged at that.

16 Likes

Eschaton

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Cops

Bruce has fuck you money and can take care of himself, but getting charged like this with a blood alcohol level of .02 - one drink, legally and culturally acceptable whether or not it should be - is about a cop looking for fame (as are the initial news leaks which excluded this part).

Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, a source familiar with the case told the Asbury Park Press. The legal threshold indicating intoxication for driving purposes in New Jersey is .08, which calls into question why Springsteen was even charged with driving while intoxicated, the source added.

Atrios at 09:00

I think less fame and more sucking up to Trump.

8 Likes

Is that seriously correct? 0.02? How did this lead to charges, let alone all the headlines? (Unless it is truly hunting anti-Trumpers, and if this is the case, we may all be on a list somewhere.)

14 Likes