Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

When your own family says your involvement in the insurrection makes you unfit for office:

16 Likes

Every circus needs a ringleader

9 Likes
13 Likes

67% of Republicans polled feel that voting is a privilege, and not a right. If that is not fucking terrifying, you are not paying attention. The events of 1/6 are not singular, they are a prelude. I grow increasingly certain we will see increasingly violent acts of terrorism in support of Il Douche and his fascist minions. I am glad my grampa is not alive to see this.

15 Likes

while I definitely agree that there will be escalated violence, a fascist takeover is not guaranteed.
we are, i believe, stronger and more resistant than know-nothing supremacists.
I’ll not abandon ship and I know you won’t either, but to anyone who still despairs for our democracy - fragile as it is - we are not lost.
hold the line.

13 Likes

This seems as good a place as any:

13 Likes

Who knew “tourism” could be so deadly to some? :angry:

Too f’ing bad the insurrectionists can’t be charged with murder.

12 Likes
15 Likes

Honest to God, the very small number of people who stood between the insurrectionist party and their successfully overthrowing the democratic experiment here is terrifying. They won’t get thanks, and most will probably never even come to light, but we do owe them.

22 Likes

What can brown do for you? Nice job coworkers!

17 Likes

Can’t know yet if this was connected, but it sure sounds suspicious.

He stabbed the officer in the head from behind, then disarmed the officer and proceeded to shoot the officer with this own gun, according to law enforcement sources. The assailant was likely killed by a gunshot wound, the sources said, but it was unclear whether he shot himself or was killed by police.

9 Likes

According to a criminal complaint that was unsealed on Wednesday, prosecutors said Yoder admitted to storming the Capitol—and even provided FBI agents with his cell phone and the colonial outfit he wore that day during a March interview. He also told investigators that he went inside the building after attending a Trump rally with his family and “that his brothers had been exposed to tear gas, and one was hit by rubber bullets.” The interview was just days before Yoder was featured in a Newsweek article, where he described how he walked into the Capitol through an open door “and that wearing the George Washington costume was a nod to America’s founding,” the complaint states. On Yoder’s company website, the father-of-two is also photographed wearing colonial clothing.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Pretty much it seems like it came down to Donoghue, and this line in an e-mail reply:

“There is no chance that I would sign this letter or anything remotely like this,” Donoghue said. “While it maybe true that the Department ‘is investigating various irregularities in the 2020 election for President’ (something we typically would not state publicly) the investigations that I am aware of relate to suspicions of misconduct that are of such a small scale that they simply would not impact the outcome of the Presidential Election.”

For people who think democracy isn’t fragile, the fine line is right here.

ETA:

Interesting. When I lived in Kentucky, this would typically be an Amish last name.

11 Likes

Here in the valley, it is very much a Mennonite name, not one that would be associated with violence of any sort. But things change…

11 Likes

People aren’t bound by the political and religious beliefs of a surname adopted centuries ago.

1 Like
14 Likes

I admit I haven’t been following this discussion super closely, but had this been posted yet?

seems notable

17 Likes

Mo should know: you can’t throw Trump under the bus. Trump is the bus.

13 Likes

World’s second smallest violin for Mike Pence. He had 4 years to go all 25th amendment on 45 and couldn’t be arsed. There’s nothing new that was revealed on Jan 6 that wasn’t already well understood about 45 in 2016.

14 Likes