Attorney General Jeff Sessions met with Russian ambassador during Trump campaign but didn't disclose

Um, that totally rings true.

:dizzy_face:

7 Likes

Relax, everyone. He’s the Attorney General. He can make it legal to have lied to congress, retroactively! He who must not be named had given him the spell to do so, and thus he will flick his staff and mutter the incantation EX POST FACTO, and all will be… well, actually…

8 Likes

I say, I say, Beauregard, that excuse will nevah fly.

4 Likes

I was a little confused because I thought white supremacists regarded Slavs as Untermenschen, but then I remembered the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact.

7 Likes

"According to the Post, Sen. Patrick Leahy also sent Sessions this written question in January:

Several of the president-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?

Sessions’s reply: “No.”"

13 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

As long as he didn’t lie about oral sex.

16 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Somebody needs to give her a hard hat, because she’s going to be pounding her head a lot in the coming years.

4 Likes

Best representation of a memory hole ever!

3 Likes

I propose that we adopt the term “Out like Flynn” for this kind of situation. I have a hunch it’s going to get a lot of play in the coming weeks.

6 Likes

Who the fuck can continue to defend these assholes when they keep being proven as liars?

8 Likes

Spoiler alert: Sessions will keep his job as long as Trump wants him to.

14 Likes

Every Republican.

17 Likes

At this point, I think the prudent choice is to assume every single one of Trump’s advisors and aides and cabinet members is compromised in some way. The only questions are “In what way?” and “When is it coming out?”

5 Likes

Anyone amongst the Republicans who thinks his blatant lies were “honorable” and “statesmanlike” rather than weasely bullshit.

6 Likes

I guess nobody ever told Jeff that honesty is the best policy.

But let’s give him another chance.

(Is there a “sarcasm” emoji?)

13 Likes

They can get away with it, as long as the GOP controls Congress. Logically, the worse it gets the more craven they will look and it will mean trouble for their re-election, but the US has become so partisan they could still keep their jobs if enough voters believe the cries of “fake news” and “liberal media bias”; the power of the GOP rests upon the ability of Fox News, talk radio and conservative websites to provide effective enough propaganda to counter observable reality.

6 Likes

Well. . . perhaps not a good example, since Hitler intended to break that pact anyway, with Russians becoming the Reich’s new slave labor force.

I remember seeing a documentary where a former SS officer was talking about the Russians and just the way he said “Slavs” was like he was spitting out a bug or piece of gristle. But times change, at this point anyone pale skinned and non-semitic is probably OK with the majority of white supremacists. I’m sure there are some interesting arguments on Stormfront.org about whether Armenians are OK, and “just how dark skinned does a Latino have to be to disqualify them?”

2 Likes