Austin cops investigated for violence, racist remarks against black teacher

Can you open this offer up to white folks who are considering their options for getting out of the USA as well?

4 Likes

5 Likes

black people have “violent tendencies.”

Irony!

"I want you to think about that,” Spradlin said on video.

Double irony!

2 Likes

You really don’t want to come here, the drop in living standard would be too great for white people.

Already happens. You let us train scientists and physicians on the cheap and then you import them. I am just suggesting a small redressing of the balance.

2 Likes

Black people SLAM! have violent tendencies SLAM! I want you to think about that.

15 Likes

Well, stop making your colleges and universities reasonably priced! It’s your own fault, you know.

3 Likes

Minor problem among all of the issues with this incident - but seriously a year before they viewed the video??? (i did look at the article and it does really appear to be over a year not just some issue of when things were posted)

5 Likes

Then it’s better not to have police at all. The system must prosecute itself or it’s not worth having.

In the new system violence by anyone is resisted and suppressed.

6 Likes

nah, this is ridiculously common. weird would be respect for citizens.

10 years ago, i watched APD literally dance in the parking lot and laugh as a nightclub burned down.

a few years after that, APD shot an sleeping teen in a car.

they shoot pets, they shoot naked people, they running tackle jaywalkers…

and this is after stan knee left and was replaced by acevedo, reforms put in, etc. There won’t be a conviction for this. There won’t be a change from it. Even if there is, it’ll be implemented internally by this department. Our set up of policing is broken at the core. At this point, I view reforming police to be peacekeepers like we’re tasking bloods and crips to open soup kitchens.

this is like the fire department driving around and torching homes, and we keep talking about how the homes shouldn’t have had flammable wooden joists.

12 Likes

This happened in Austin. Why does your headline say “Dallas”??? Please correct. The Dallas police have an astoundingly good record in dealing with the public. In the past few years, they’ve dropped the annual number of complaints of police abuse (true or not) from around 145 to 13 (in a city of 1.25 million people), because their officers are extensively trained in how to deescalate potentially dangerous situations.

Dallas Police Department leads the way in de-escalation

10 Likes

Haven’t there been successful experiments in engaging gang members with communities?
Reforming militarised police, perhaps not so easy.

4 Likes
Richter's partner explained to the woman that it was necessary to throw her to the ground and handcuff her because black people have "violent tendencies."

After finding out that I, as a big ole white dude, have a portion of Senegalese genes (thanks Ancestry.com), I was rather surprised to hear two of my cousins (ones a cop, the other a teacher) trying to convince me that African American people are inherently more violent than white people.

I spent probably two hours trying to convince these college educated people that they were talking an obviously racist stance, but to my absolute amazement they shrilly denied any racism in that stance.

When we got together the next year, I noticed everybody was verrry nice and any discussion of race was studiously avoided. I remain amazed at their willful ignorance, but it’s clearly (and sadly) an opinion among a wide swath of people.

9 Likes

i was actually thinking the same…pretty sure i’ve read about a gang-led community food project.

4 Likes

Where the fuck are the feds?

5 Likes

Why bother? The same result will be achieved: no prosecution.

2 Likes

this kind of behavior makes me surprised that people haven’t started shooting cops before

1 Like

As a parent of 3 kids, I am often reminded that their schools have a zero tolerance policy with violent behavior. One violent act by a child and it is grounds for expulsion from the school and potentially the district.

Now the reality is in most cases of student violence we are talking about a fat lip or broken nose at the absolute worst especially in regards to the elementary or middle schools. Additionally it has been my experience that it is rarely if ever unprovoked. Kids normally lash out at other kids or even a teacher for a reason.

When I cop has a violent outburst the least harmful thing is what happened to this woman…the worst is of course being shot and killed. Why then are the police not given a zero tolerance policy as well on this?

The highest priority for the law is to maintain order and to serve and protect the community in which they work. Violence against your own citizens should NOT be tolerated.

The very notion that he pulled her over for speeding is ludicrous. She doesn’t appear to be traveling any faster than any other car zipping by. And since she had gotten to where she was going a very simple and courteous “Ma’am, we came to pull you over because we felt you were going a little too fast. May I see your license and registration and please remain by your vehicle.” run lic and plate “ok ma’am. since you got to your destination, I will let you off with a warning. I urge you to ease up on the gas pedal please. I don’t think getting to Wendy’s is an emergency situation, and I think both you and I can agree arriving here a few minutes behind schedule is better than causing an accident. Have a good day ma’am.”

It’s not that hard.

10 Likes

If that’d been the case at my schools, the place would’ve been depopulated within a month. It was a very rare week in which I wasn’t beaten bloody at least once.

It’s a very different world these days.

6 Likes

funny. I had the same thing as a kid. for 3 years there was not a week that went by that I didn’t get off the bus with a fat lip or bloody nose. Three older kids beat on me almost daily. And no one ever did a thing to stop them. I learned to take a beating. I was asked why I didn’t fight back. I did. But I was smaller than them and it was 3 v 1. What was I going to do?

5 Likes