Austin cops violently crack down on scourge of anonymous jaywalking

Too many references here.

You are an NSA PLANT.

No water for you.

P.S. Stealing my shite ingratiates you not. Please go away.

1 Like

ā€œGrok itā€? How 20th century. the rest of your New Age rant is just that. You loom large in your own legend.

Well, apparently you missed my earlier posts where I posited that the police seem like they overreacted in this situation. And I certainly donā€™t think someone who has been wronged by the police should roll over.

My advice would be:

1. Do whatever you can to not exacerbate the situation, while the ā€œcrisisā€ is occurring

2. Get a lawyer, and see what options you have

And possibly:

1. Alert your local ACLU chapter (I myself have donated quite a bit to them over the years)

2. Reach out to the media

3. Reach out to other organizations that might be able to help

4. Reach out to your local-level governmental representative(s)

5. File an official complaint

Etc. etc. etc.

Thank you for nothing.

Rock incomingā€¦

NSA plant? New Ager? I feel like a super-spy from The Men Who Stare At Goats! :blush:

You wish your trite nonsense meant something.

1 Like

Much as mine doesnā€™tā€¦

Hey, I could give a shit if random interwebs peoples agree with me! I tend to like to meet self-righteousness of one sort with totally over-the-top self-righteousness of a whole other level. heehee!

Thanks, a good read!

Well, I certainly wonā€™t be running from a cop when he wants to speak with me. But donā€™t worry about me, I can be tough on cops on message boards too!

If you donā€™t break the law, you have nothing to worry about.
I know some pretty smart people that say this. Authoritarian fools.

1 Like

A poem:

This is my ship,

A rock,

Large and in charge,

Incoming.

Riding it, no reins, like metal,

Sitting atop this missile,

Shall I hurl it unto your doorstep?

Yo, bullet?

2 Likes

Apologies if I have left snark. Iā€™m so tired that I realized Iā€™ve typed comments without looking at them first to see if they come off as jerky rather than humourous. Iā€™ll blame it on the Canada win in hockey ; )

Ha! Sorry if I came off as bitchy. Iā€™m trying to be funny, but realized Iā€™m tired enough to not reread stuff before i post it : /

Truth needs no apology.

Grok, haha!
Iā€™ve always preferred the Sturgeon-coined word ā€˜Bleshā€™ (from More Than Human, I think).
Blend-mesh, blesh!

phew
Good reminder. Also reminds me of the film Impromptu!

How does harassing people ever help them? Where I live, there are three crossings which are death traps. One doesnā€™t have a light, but does have a blind corner so people crossing and people driving through canā€™t see until they are moments apart. Two others do have lights, but they are timed so that people are supposed to cross and drive through at the same time. And every intersection has trouble with people looking left while turning right. Criminalizing ā€˜jaywalkingā€™ means criminalizing people who find safer places to cross the damn streets.

7 Likes

Do the police in your area tend to cite people for jaywalking often?

Being harassed by people who have badly beaten me, otherwise abused me, and could kill me is quite enough to get me excited many of us triggered as all hell.

9 Likes