Back when Richard Dreyfuss sold the AMC Javelin

Originally published at: Back when Richard Dreyfuss sold the AMC Javelin | Boing Boing

3 Likes

love me some young Richard Dreyfuss. <3

2 Likes

Geez that block of Sesame Street has really gotten rough.

8 Likes

AMC Javelin, great car for going fast, but for some unknown reason did not like the corners/turns.

6 Likes

It came with a bowl of goldfish on the seat.

4 Likes

Thank you for proving my point. I had a 70’ Javelin, it was a sexy beast, never met a gas station it didn’t like, was not a rally racing / mountain switchback kind’a car.

6 Likes

If any street gang member could sell a car, he would have to be portrayed by Dreyfuss. He looks like he was having a lot of fun with this.

3 Likes

Aye, that’s a car.

With a statement like that, it’s hard to believe people didn’t flock to the dealerships mid commercial.

So their sales pitch is that it’s attractive to car thieves? That’s an interesting take.

3 Likes

Dreyfuss: “Hey boys, rough up da old man and teach him a lesson while I hotwires dis amazin’ car!”

1 Like

Though in fairness to the Javelin were any American “sports” cars of the era mountain switchback kinda cars?

We had a Matador as a kid but I really wanted the Javelin.

1 Like

Couldn’t pick our Richard Dreyfuss, but that was Herb Edelman driving the Javelin…

2 Likes

Ah! RD was in the first video, I watched the second.

1 Like

the guy on the motorcycle –– Jon Voight?

1 Like

Two videos? Page loaded with only one video for me. Explains that

And speaking of Richard Dreyfuss and goldfish… https://youtu.be/-WAiWE2OE-w

2 Likes

omg i LOVED Flipper when i was a kid, lol. i had no idea he was on an episode. now i can see how this led to, you know, Jaws, lol.

1 Like

Definitely looks like him… Same dimpled chin.

Huh. I thought the Barracuda was AMCʻs sporty car.

It’s from the movie “Hello Down There” actually…but yes, it’s very flipperesque.

1 Like