Bad-ass Catholic weapons

You can’t leave the Bohemian Ear-Spoon off that list.

2 Likes

Not sure if it counts, but Michael Chabon’s swashbuckling adventure novel Gentlemen of the Road featured a Jewish Abyssinian warrior who wielded a massive viking axe named “Defiler of All Mothers”.

2 Likes

I´d say if you wield the legendary sword Durendal, which has in its hilt one of St Peter’s teeth, St Basil’s blood, a hair of St Denis, and a scrap of cloth that belonged to the Virgin Mary while wearing white tights you come out about even on the bad-ass scale.

Bad catholic ass-weapons are precisely what’s causing so much trouble for the catholics lately.

1 Like

Interesting how spiritual warfare-engaged Evangelicals rail against anyone’s use of the occult, but use it themselves.

“…poin-ted stick…”

1 Like

Always looking for an excuse to post this. No idea if there are any dead-people-bits in it. Maybe on it.

I always pack your basic squirt gun filled with Holy Water. For your average everyday run-ins with supernatural freaks I find it a whole lot easier than lugging around swords filled with bits of dead saints. It doesn’t smell funny, doubles as a water bottle and goes right through metal detectors. Of course I’m screwed if any heavy duty demon types show up so that’s why I wear a Kevlar Scapular.

2 Likes

They’d be more bad-ass if the relics weren’t all fakes.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html

Rhythmic thwacks and wails of pain floated down the staircase. Herbie–who had saved the world–was having his reward.

–from “Armageddon” by Frederic Brown

I presume you’re familiar with that story. If not then you can find it here, and I hope you’ll find it rewarding.

1 Like

I had not read about the brave Herbie. However as a former altar boy in the service of St Stephens church I can tell you that a boys curiosity has fertile grounds to explore in Holy Mothers various Church’s. There are many mystery’s and Holy Water was one of those mysteries well examined. Thanks for the great story about Herbie…my kind of kid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.