Bad things await those who confuse orange juice with paint thinner

Just a warning, Gamsol is almost completely odour free.

1 Like

Ethylene glycol is the ingredient that makes antifreeze tasty. Though colorless and odorless, the syrupy alcohol derivative—which is excellent at lowering the freezing points of vital engine fluids—has a sweet taste that jibes well with soda, juice, and other sugary beverage

5 Likes

Which is why it kills many dogs every year. If your dog goes in the car-parking space, clean up spills and leaks when they happen.

5 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaa holy shamoley this really triggers the lab tech in me. That’s probably Pu-238:

and the orangey color is not juicy deliciousness, it’s heat! Orange heat from rad decay, used to power deep-space probes’ innards. So, no lickin’ and no eatin’. Brrrrrrr.

13 Likes

Doesn’t everyone know paint thinner is for huffing, not drinking?

(Disclaimer: paint thinner is not for huffing. Do not huff paint thinner.)

4 Likes

star wars dog GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

And welcome to the bbs!

4 Likes

But I want the Orange Danger Jello…

:yum:
:nauseated_face:
:skull:
:headstone:

14 Likes

Ever since I found out that I both have the gene that makes cilantro taste like soap and love cilantro I find myself wondering…maybe Tide Pods are delicious…:thinking:

10 Likes

Obviously, don’t try, but yeah, totally. Those pink spring scented ones look really tasty too.

5 Likes

Folks have been working on alternatives for a while:

4 Likes

Yeah people are laughing at the concept like kids don’t drink hazardous substances all the time. My mom drank lemon pine sol when she was a toddler. It was under a cabinet and everything. Babies will drink things adults know to fear or avoid because of the look or smell. They just really can’t tell till it’s too late.

4 Likes

There’s this sort of thing which might smell more citrusy… https://www.zest-it.com/

But at least it’s supposed to be less toxic.

Not technically “thinner,” but Citrustrip paint stripper has a lovely orange scent and color. About the consistency of nasty snot, though, so probably not a worry.

I frequently think about how the motivating event in the creation of the FDA had to do with a (self-educated) chemist who, while working for Massengill, made a children’s medicine deliberately sweetened with anti-freeze. After it killed some kids, he insisted it wasn’t poisonous, drank some to prove it, then immediate started making calls to find out what the treatment for drinking anti-freeze was…

(Mostly I think about it every time a libertarian claims we don’t need government regulation because markets are self-correcting…)

7 Likes

Freddie Quell would try a sip.

I think I maybe should have a lie-down. I read “librarian” and wondered about why they would be opposed to gouvernement regulation, and if that had anything to do with you mentioning

sign language librarian GIF by Sign with Robert

sign language idk GIF by Sign with Robert

Sign Language Sleep GIF by Sign with Robert

3 Likes

This post seems tailor made for this jam:

1 Like

After decades of being a fan of both I only recently learned that, much to my astonishment, Orange Juice and JG Thirlwell (Feotus, Wiseblood, etc) collaborated back in the long ago and he appeared with them on Top of The Pops.

Talk about an orange juice and paint thinner cocktail!

1 Like

Aye, didn’t Mr. King do a number with that one?

Indeed, this turned up not so long ago:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.