Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Final Round - Bastion

> iotrap.daneel: 0xdfe16c808de1f0c6c0cd4287dd64d7d2967125e2

mission 2
use red fusion_engine 78
trade mass_spectrometer @donald_petersen

“Roger that, daneel - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ mission 2
✔ use red mass_spectrometer 78
✔ trade mass_spectrometer @donald_petersen

Question: What about this part of Mission 1?

Counterattack! is 3xPOW if the five main classes are represented on this mission (Digger, Warden, Recon, Guardian, Scholar)

Or is the plan to save scavengers from the potential damage inflicted during Mission 1, since they will be joining Mission 2 afterward?

3 Likes

I think the idea is that under the rush attack scenario, we would rather hold the line at Mission 2 because Mission 1 doesn’t really benefit our Mission 4 guys. Adding more people to mission one may take down more bogeys, but exposes a lot more people to dmg prior to segments 4-6 which are where we really need the effort

Round 1 volunteers are just trying to survive segments 1-3 to get Mission 4 to launch

3 Likes

Awright, everybody! Yo asses are about to be saved. One way or another, the short-clawed vulgarian or I will bring this thing down. But I gotta ask you:

Do you really wanna be in his debt? We’d never hear the end of it, about how he saved the crew and the ship and the whole damned galaxy, since he’s the finest Iconoclast in all Charybdis, everyone says so, and we really oughta be grateful for all he’s done to for us…

Excuse me while I violently void my cloaca.

Okay, here’s the better deal. I’m gonna go first. In the unlikely event I blow up, at least I won’t have to hear the insufferable noise of his suit’s Auto Fellatio systems kicking into overdrive again.

So with the gracious, generous, and highly-evolved contributions from @daneel Princess Pricklepants, @wisconsinplatt Rocky Road, and my dear ol’ nessst-brother @DreamboatSkanky Quirky “Princess Rembrandt” Kumquat, I think I’ll try this on for size:

@Kassandra
USE GREEN Parabolic_Antenna 110
GIVE daneel GOLD
MISSION 4
END

I think that along with my newly fancied-up Mass Spectrometer so generously donated by the Cactus, I’ll be in pretty good shape. If I nail the bogey, as I read it, I’ll sustain 75HP damage minus my 26DEF. Since I’m currently at 64HP, that leaves me with 15 to spare… a quite comfortable margin in Space Lizard circles. Don’t think I’ll need anything else in terms of POW and DEF.

So this leaves me with a spare Gold. Any of my best buddies need it? Especially ones who might be able to further up my SCI, SEN, or (to keep Li’l Smokies from going all prematurely Mission Accomplished on us) EVA?

Hey Philosocrawdad @bizmail_public… you gonna contribute to our cause? Need some Gold? How 'bout you, Ester @penguinchris? You guys gonna make a case for who needs it more? Or should I save it to pay off my bar tab down at Desmond Balthar’s strip club back on Mars?

Y’know… the one right over the sand dune from where we left Watney?

6 Likes
  > iotrap.donald_petersen: 0xa3a27ac19c834f434bedc6d180a2415c7545732c

“Roger that, donald_petersen! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ use green parabolic_antenna 110
✖ give daneel gold
   [ERR] Alas, but I have no way to parse 'give daneel gold' as a command. :(
✔ mission 4
1 Like

Sssssiiiighhhhh…

@Kassandra
USE GREEN Parabolic_Antenna 110
TRADE GOLD @daneel
MISSION 4
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.donald_petersen: 0xbbf9f844f50dbfb08cf415b659c0c405d9df0118

use green parabolic_antenna 110
mission 4

“Roger that, donald_petersen - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ use green parabolic_antenna 110
✔ trade gold @daneel
✔ mission 4
1 Like

Remember only one trade per round, so that gold you gave is all you can do

2 Likes

Aw, that’s a bummer. Wonder if I should just USE the other one, or leave it in the wallet. OR sell it to the Coleridge.

1 Like

I’d use it and heal your self.

Is Coleridge still buying? If they are I’d just pump that juice into your Green Transmogrify

1 Like

Right, because you’re going to be incredibly suave and demure about the entire thing?

7 Likes

I don’t need any GOLD, much as I appreciate the offer.

My suit is a lovely shiny scarlet colour.

9 Likes

Well, compared to him, yes.

You’re the only one noisier than he is. I’m a not-very-distant third place, Mark. It says something when you’ve already been left behind once, and you swear you’re not already secretly tucking your bugout bag into one of those escape pods.

As for egos, well, I have yet to brag about something that I didn’t actually do.

And I sure as hell didn’t spend the last round wearing a propeller beanie in the lab, analyzing sciencey stuff with a scientific bent at absolutely no risk to my scientific potato-farming butt.

4 Likes

If we were to adopt a “Trench Warfare” strategy to defeat the Swarm directly then the 3xPOW bonus would matter. However this “Trench Warfare” strategy would (1) get a lot of scavengers killed leaving t(2) he survivors badly beat up while (3) still having to deal with a truculent bogey.

Currently I am pushing the “Luke Skywalker” plan.

Phase 1 of this plan is the two wardens, with support from two key Guardians, hold off the swarm for the first three segments. During this Phase 1 the two Iconoclasts maneuver into position while the other 10 Scavengers hang around the mess, make bad jokes, and avoid damage.

Phase 2 is the opening moment of Segment 4 when a single high EVA iconoclast – which looks to be TexASS – swoops in and takes out the bogey with one shot.

Phase 3 is Desperation. Something’s gone wrong. Everyone on Mission 1 or 2 desperately tries to hold the ship while Petra/Li’l Smokey/T. Rump makes his attack run at the start of segment 5. The two Guardians are absolutely essentiall at this point.

If one has really itchy feet, one could change to an iconoclast and sign up for the third pass at the start of segment 6. One could also pitch in as a “back up” on Mission 3, but make sure you can sustain at least 30 HP of Damage.

The biggest single thing one can do is trade your highest SEN or SCI item to Tex Ass @Donald_Petersen or Petra @newliminted.

We only have this “easy” option because of Scholars like you, Professor.

Thank You.

“Sometimes, the hardest thing was doing nothing.” ― Scott Westerfeld

5 Likes

Hopefully the Pod Bay doors will open this time.

6 Likes

As I recall, it was the guy in the yellowy suit who had the real issues…

6 Likes

@Kassandra SUBMIT
TRADE Targeting_Algorithm Donald_Petersen
MISSION 2
END

Typical me, typical me… I started something, and now I’m not too sure…

4 Likes
  > iotrap.penguinchris: 0x69cf8d76f448f80a2da17cb45f38705f7b7d7059

“Roger that, penguinchris! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ trade targeting_algorithm donald_petersen
✔ mission 2
1 Like

I’m sorry, without the three of us this number 4 wouldn’t even be an option. What was the phrase? “Best of all, those eggheads have given us an ace in the hole.”

Yeah, so get off your cross and stop talking about how you’ve given so much and taken all the risks and you’re the best golden dragon all because you didn’t have the ability to actually make a decision at the start of this debacle.

3 Likes

@Kassandra SUBMIT
TRADE Fusion_Engine wisconsinplatt
END

1 Like