Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 1 - Milk Run

@Kassandra submit
MISSION 3
END

4 Likes
  > iotrap.rkt88edmo: 0xc5824eda659b0c941a93e3785d5d32b278c819ef

“Roger that, rkt88edmo - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ mission 3

“So, how do I look?”

Dakota assesses the quality of the exo-suit. “It’s a piece of crap, sir.”

“And the stench to go along with it. I expect that some unlucky spacemoose before me had to let it all go,” said Browf, removing the lower half of the suit.

“That would explain the large brown stain showing through the rear, here. Try this,” Dakota said, handing Browf a very large spray can of Debrìsze air decontaminator. Aiming at the jumbo smear inside the pants, Browf holds the spray nozzle down for around three times longer than recommended by both the manufacturer of the can and the suit.

Browf then deftly re-trous, completing the suit’s atmospheric isolation.

“You all sealed up?” Dakota jabs her handheld compudeck a few times, conducting with experience the digital dance that successfully pairs it with Browf’s suit. “Atmo integrity checks out, structural integrity’s at 70%, pretty good really.” – another boop de boop at the deck – "I’ve activated the remote monitoring features, we’ll be able to talk while you’re out there.

“Huh… the suit’s actually pretty well kitted out for radiation work, Browf. Maybe we should go after that exotic rock after all. A pair of those mag boots should get you up to mission specifications. Right now we can afford to go after that high-value salvage. Ah bummer, we’re a drip short. I’ll see if I can find someone to lend us 1Ʉ”

“No guts, no glory, right Dakota?”

“Put it all on 32 Red!”

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Mag_Boots
MISSION 2
END

Can anyone spare Browf 1Ʉ…? Will pay back 4Ʉ before next mission!

6 Likes
  > iotrap.Glutnix: 0x6301917d52661ecb032a08b20cf027cb592e9e84

“Roger that, Glutnix - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ buy mag_boots
✔ mission 2

[stupid suit only one boot oh why why why did I get into this why oh]

Me? Sorry, what? Mission 2, oh, yes, if that’s where I’m to be sent I suppose so,… Eager eagerr eager, heh heh, that’s me! Whatever I need to do to help! oh god you’re going to get yourself killed

Uhm, I’m a bit short on juice you say? 1 u? Thank you for your most kindly offer, I accept it! Oh, wait, any terms I should be aware of? stupid stupid stupid you’re supposed to ask that before you shake the devil’s hand

May as well do something with this last Ʉ.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
pay 1 Glutnix
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.daneel: 0x66c1e20a26fb707c2f1aa2beddbe1d5bfc4d2777

“Roger that, daneel - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✖ pay 1 glutnix
   [ERR] Player 'glutnix' does not appear to exist in this reality. :(

12 hours of sleep… yaaaawwwwn… and I’ll be ready to go as soon as I get some sort of coffee analog into my system…

OK. Time to key in my mission selection.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Mag_Boots
MISSION 4
END

Looks like I have a bit of juice left over. And I’m willing to lend a little out… for a small fee, of course.

3 Likes
  > iotrap.monkeyoh: 0xb4ed5b2ab506f3720f588b4a3aefa94fb073c093

“Roger that, monkeyoh - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ buy mag_boots
✔ mission 4
1 Like

Huh. Who knew mag boots would be so… sporty?

9 Likes

A quick note to all players, but particularly to @daneel and @uphill:

• Always enter all orders with every submit order.

Instead of being added to previously submitted orders, a new SUBMIT order will overwrite all previous orders.* I’ve added a note to the primer as that was not completely clear. For the first couple turns, I’ll keep a closer eye on player intent while everyone gets used to the mechanics - no fun getting burned by ambiguity in the instructions.

Current orders for daneel:

pay 1 glutnix

which overwrote your earlier submission of MISSION 1.

Current orders for uphill:

mission 2

which overwrote your earlier submission of pay gwwar 4

*Otherwise, we’d need to have a third ‘RESCIND’ option in the event a player wanted to toss everything out a fresh set of orders, which gets a bit more complicated…

4 Likes

Gah, fixing.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
pay 1 glutnix
MISSION 1
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.daneel: 0xe54d55c0f10237f01ba526a98900ae68a128ee71

“Roger that, daneel - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ pay 1 glutnix
✔ mission 1

Well, isn’t that always how it is. Go off, get a doctorate in Biology, spend a lifetime mastering the craft, explore new worlds, survive for 550 sols on Mars with only your brain to help you out and some computer says you’ve only got middlin’ amounts of science. Ain’t that some kind of bullshit?

But, much like being stranded on Mars, sometimes you have to accept the things that have been handed to you and move on. I already have a very sporty suit that is almost literally a part of me now, just needed a new helmet. So I scavenged one from, well, where isn’t important, just know that I’m cool.

I’ve got a little cash from the poker table so I’m splashing out to get that new directional antenna I’ve had my eye on. Apparently I’m deficient in DEF, which is MOS DEF a lie, which excludes me from #2. Real shame, since Hot Rocks is easily one of the best Stones albums. Only 15 POW means, BOOM BOOM POW, no mission 3 for me. Mission 4 means I’d have to be DESPERATE to take all that damage, so YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND, BABY, RIGHT ROUND LIKE A RECORD, BABY, RIGHT ROUND ROUND ROUND on mission 1. Dead or alive.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Directional_Antenna
MISSION 1
END

12 Likes

Who knew there were so many Space Meece on this rust bucket. Probably shouldn’t have claimed my stateroom first. I’d best go see what sort of exosuit I can put together.

I’d better not have to saw off my rack…you know what they say, a Space Moose without his rack ain’t nothin’ but a space cow.

{scavange…scavange…scavange…sniff…sniff…toss…dig…scavange…}

Alright then, This looks good. The suit is practically new, just dirty…and smells of dead squirrel. Enough to make my eyes water. Nothin’ a bit of the ol’ MooseMarine spit an polish can’t fix…Powers cells are a bit anemic, but all things considered it’ll work. Oh, hey…here’s an old PortaBrain 5000 and it will mate up with my suit…perfect.

6 Likes

@Kassandra SUBMIT
MISSION 1
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.critter: 0x7d89f3415c4e7b6fcf1bd1fd710021ec16e5da20

“Roger that, critter - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ mission 1
> iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0xc0f102375c4e7b6fcf1bd1fd710021ec16e5da20

“Roger that, steampunkbanana - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ buy directional_antenna
✔ mission 1
1 Like

Oh dear, oh my, dammit dammit dammit,! Uh, guys? I pushed the wrong button. Anyone? Well, okay, oh, stupid gloves, nothing fits- great, another hole right through the finger! It’s like a claw perfectly normal human hand want made to fit in here.

Okay, trying again. Blue button? Anyone? Do I push the blue button?

@Kassandra SUBMIT
MISSION 2
END

4 Likes

Hmmm… the missions have been posted…and I don’t have enough juice to be idle…

Mission 1 … Yeah, not feeling it with this sensor setup … Powerpack is too lightweight for 3, but I think the rad shielding in this suit would be fine for Mission 2 … Hot Rock

hmm Rock. Rocky… why is that name so familiar… hmmm… Maybe I’ll rename the Portobrain 5000 to Rocky. That’s a good name.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
MISSION 2
END

5 Likes