Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 1 - Milk Run

>  iotrap.critter: 0x7d891e20a26fb707c2f1aa2bed021ec16e5da20

“Roger that, critter - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

> ✔ mission 2
>  iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0x6301917d52661ecb032a08b20cf027cb592e9e84

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ mission 2

This suit doesn’t seem very strong, but it has pink stripes. That means it’s fast. “Zoom! Zoom! Zoooooooooom!” And everyone will know that I’m a princess. Maybe I should wear my princess dress on the outside…just to be sure. I like this ship. I saw a real space moose down on deck 9. I’ve never seen a space moose before.

This suit itches though. It itches all over. What’s that?

THERE’S A BUG INSIDE MY SUIT! THERE’S A BUG, A BUG, A BUG IS INSIDE MY SUIT! AHHHHHHHHH! HELP! HELP! HELP! [struggling to get the helmet off] A BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG! [The helmet finally comes off and a massive Dagonian Hissing Cockroach falls to the floor].

Stupid bug. So gross!

16 Likes

Need to see how this interface works, and I don’t want to leave that adorable littler girl Tom Ratchercrank who totally isn’t a space lobster like me – hanging i susspense.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
pay 1 critter
MISSION 1
END

–Hans Landau

2 Likes
  > iotrap.bizmail_public: 0x40a5e2395b1d586372702313d3cac970bbabfb71

“Roger that, bizmail_public - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ pay 1 critter
✔ mission 1

So - @messana, since the items are tradeable, when we see them in the store are there limited quantities available for purchase in that round? I didn’t think so, but wanted to double check.

Thanks for the heads up @messana, fixing now.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 4 gwwar
MISSION 2
END

4 Likes
  > iotrap.uphill: 0x22ce160486563d95a3d5594750f7565c9ebb7cb4

“Roger that, uphill - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ pay 4 gwwar
✔ mission 2

Your instincts are correct: shop items are available in unlimited quantity, so long as one has the juice to make the purchase.

However, store items may not be available from round to round depending on the current configuration of the fabricators on the Coleridge.

2 Likes

“I’ll do my best to make sure y’all have access to the most useful gear on hand given our objectives. But if you see something you fancy? Best to snap it up while the snappin’s good I always say.”

5 Likes

"Well now isn’t that a question and then some? All shipboard communications are cryptographically signed with the ID of the sender so Kassie naturally assumes those orders are coming from the sending ID.

"I reckon that the quoted orders wouldn’t be recognized due to the leading metadata and simply ignored. Best case, your friend would wind up submitting those edited orders on their own behalf.

“Kudos to your friend for thinking ahead! Most crew members usually don’t start thinking like that until they get few missions under their belt…”

6 Likes

Yup. I went with the only mission I qualified for, and took the upgrade with no downgrade.

1 Like

KSSSK!!! Thankssssssssss!

1 Like

Poetry! this far out!

Thank you for lending a hand to a fellow scavenger. I think your will get the results you want if you resubmiit as

Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 2 @DreamboatSkanky
BUY Directional_Antenna
MISSION 4
END

You will need to put an ‘@’ in front of Kassandra…

On to the next level of complexity!

-Hans Landua

1 Like

Milk run? That’s sounds yummy. I want some milk. Not too runny though. Regular milk.

[nothing happens]

Milk!

[waits]

Miiiiiii-llllllllk?

[slams tiny fists on console]

MILK! I WANT MILK!

[kicks machine]

MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK!

[pouts]

Please?

[pets console controls lovingly]

@Kassandra SUBMIT
MISSION 1
END

May I have some milk please?

[Responding to the loud demands for milk, a Liqui-Vend at the other end of the mess, extrudes 13 cartons of milkish substance.]

Yay! Milk. Thank you, machine!

[one more carton drops]

5 Likes

look! A chocolate milk cow in space! I’m sure we’ll find it, Dottie!

Be safe out there!

–Hans Landau

5 Likes
  > iotrap.old: 0x40a5e2378a1d586372702313d3cac970bbabfb71

“Roger that, old - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ mission 1
1 Like

“Oh, deary-dear. Look at this.”

[Pokes at the exo-suit inventory. A vile hissssssssss leaks out out of an antique AirCan 50™, “The Respiration Enthusiast’s Friend”. Turning away from the stink, spots an Astro-Tux™ Build-All.]

“Huh. Hey, now that’s a good-looking exo-su—”

[Quirky watches a Space Canine snatch it off the rack before he can even reach…]

“Oh.”

[Pushes aside an Astro-Tux Commoner™, which falls apart in his hands. Walks past the too, too snug Zapparratus Constructo-Suit™. Finds a wad of discarded circus-tent. Discouraged, pulls the inflato-ring.]

BVVVRT! WHOOOOSH! CLUNK! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

“Sssssssssss! Thhhhhhh!!!”

[Flicks tongue. Twitches tail. Thumps the rubbery bubble he is now enveloped in.]

Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey 5000: "Welcome to the Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™. To skip this important advertisement, Don’t. The Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™ is appropriate and entertaining for species of all ages and diets, and is a fun addition, or indeed the centerpiece, for your next: Birthday Party. Graduation. Anniversary. Terraforming. Conquest. First or Last Date…

"The Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™ is for recreational purposes only. To skip this important safety briefing, Don’t. The safety briefing is mandatory for all species enjoying the Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™. For accounting or construction uses, enjoy The Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Computational Device™, or The Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Boom-and-Build Device™, excellent for salvage operations.

“Modification of The Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™ is a felony throughout the sector, and is punishable by heavy fines and chore-camps. Modification voids all warranties, and excuses the manufacturer of all legal responsibilties. If you suspect your Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™ has been modified or tampered with—”

Quirky: “Yes! Yes! This unit has been modified or tampered with! I think there’s been a—”

Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey 5000: KLIK. Beep! KAK. Whirrrrrrrrrr… beep! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

“Um, crew? Command? Command?”

11 Likes

“Sssssssss! Thhhhhhhh! Let’sss ssseee. ‘Mission Options’…Milk Run. MILK! Mammals, amirite?”

[Flicks tongue. Squints at Comm unit.]

“Um, how do you tell the thing how to—”

[Twitches tail. THUMP.]

Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device: “Thank you for your selection. Have a nice rrrrrr…”

[Tinny organ music plays the Can-Can.]

@Kassandra submit
MISSION 1
END

6 Likes
  > iotrap.DreamboatSkanky: 0x43e0b501d764c29082027cce8e19c76646be93ef

“Roger that, DreamboatSkanky - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ mission 1
2 Likes