Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 8 - Strangeways, Here We Come

Am I in the crew photo?

Then I’m obviously not thought of as part of the crew.

2 Likes

Small clarification: Mission 3 is presently the only mission that can be taken multiple times. Although the parser accepts multiple mission orders on other missions, Mission 2 will only be attempted once in this case.

1 Like

“What? Ohhhh, hey there muffin! I didn’t see you there in all the commotion earlier. I really appreciate you pitching in and helping out like this. We’ve done all we can for the repair bay at the moment, but we can get a few other things up and running thanks to you!”

[The Robochef kicks into gear and begins mass producing pancakes. A diminutive scullerybot trundles over and trades Dottie a short stack for a lump of GOLD. Moments later, the damage report for the Coleridge is updated. (+75Ʉ)]

DSV_Coleridge damage report (updated):

Main Power: Online
Replicators: Online
Fabricators: Online, PARTIALLY DAMAGED
Repair Bay: Online, PARTIALLY DAMAGED
Long Range Sensors: Online
Engines: Online, DAMAGED
Life Support: Online
Ship's Head:  Online
Gunnery: Online, DAMAGED
---
Primary Coleridge Persona:  RECOMPILING
3 Likes

Thank goodness - I was SO hungry.

7 Likes

Yay! I love you Kassandra!

[Sings]

I eat some… pancakes, pancakes
I love my… pancakes, pancakes
Tasty… pancakes, pancakes
You like some… pancakes, pancakes

5 Likes

That AmazonUltraPrime really helped out didn’t it

1 Like

They hate our freedom.

2 Likes

Minor update to mission 1 as it has five salvage opportunities and not three as originally posted. Those responsible for the error have been sacked.

1 Like

Was it a moose?

8 Likes

@Kassandra
PAY 50 rkt88edmo
PAY 50 newliminted
TRADE Targeting_Algorithm newliminted
BUY Swan_Wing
MISSION 2
END

6 Likes
  > iotrap.uphill: 0xa5f6a1f0c55a0426c532a0e2a62af35f515e8e2d

“Roger that, uphill! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ pay 50 rkt88edmo 
✔ pay 50 newliminted 
✔ trade targeting_algorithm newliminted
✔ buy swan_wing
✔ mission 2

“Kass? Are they eating the dead already? I mean, I know things are pretty bad, but we usually don’t get to that point until…”

“Oh, right. Right. I mean to say, we’ve got our first deader. I suppose we should go over the protocols. Until a contract has been bought out, all associated items and salvage are considered property of the ship and will be returned to the hold. Items in the hold can be purchased, but are only available in their existing quantities with the baseline price being set by Kassandra. In the event multiple bids are received for the same item, highest bid wins. In the event of a tie, a coin will be tossed.”

“Crew members that have bought out their contracts are considered to be the rightful owners of all their gear and salvage. If you’ve managed to pay down your contract, you may create a Last Will & Testimonial to decide who gets possession of your stuff when you kick it. File it in the public channel and bring it to my attention.”

“The gear Whiskers has been carrying has been added to the Company Store for purchase. As much as I’d like to hand that gear out, I lack the autonomy to break my own rules. Company sets the rules, we live 'em. And we might just well die by 'em. Now let’s have a drink, eh?”

(Company Store updated)
(Ship’s Hold updated)

2 Likes

“Contract status, for those keeping count!”

@bizmail_public 510/1000
@critter 486/1000
@daneel 385/1000
@Donald_Petersen 577/1000
@DreamboatSkanky 497/1000
@Glutnix 441/1000
@gwwar 437/1000
@monkeyoh 777/1000
@newliminted 640/1000

@Old 370/1000
@othermichael 436/1000
@penguinchris 398/1000
@rkt88edmo 387/1000
@steampunkbanana 637/1000
@uphill 613/1000
@wisconsinplatt 448/1000

I’d better eat, and then update my orders. Also, I’m announcing right now, that I will be the best at re-con-istance. I will bring back more BLUE and GREEN than anyone else, and, I can promise you, some RED as well. Mark my words. I alone will bring back three kinds of goop. I will fly in faster. I will take more pictures. I will conduct the best analysis. AND I WILL BRING BACK THE BEST SALVAGE.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
USE GREEN Flywheel 50
BUY Armor_Plates
BUY Armor_Plates
BUY Chemistry_Set
BUY Swan_Wing
PAY 11 donald_petersen
MISSION 2
END

2 Likes
  > iotrap.newliminted: 0x0d9cdd57240be4e97a726fbbc0cb6feb1f10dc63

buy armor_plates
buy armor_plates
buy chemistry_set
buy swan_wing
buy flywheel
buy targeting_algorithm
pay 11 donald_petersen
mission 2

“Roger that, newliminted - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ use green flywheel 50
✔ buy armor_plates
✔ buy armor_plates
✔ buy chemistry_set
✔ buy swan_wing
✔ pay 11 donald_petersen
✔ mission 2

So… using my gold will top up my HP, yes? Am I understanding that correctly?

@Kassandra
USE GOLD
BUY Laser_Auger
BUY Eagle_Wing
BUY LIDAR
BUY Impact_Gel
BUY Optical_Inferometer
MISSION 2
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.monkeyoh: 0xffad1f6c64595e5f2333a28f7595d3c99b07cac0

“Roger that, monkeyoh! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ use gold
✔ buy laser_auger
✔ buy eagle_wing
✖ buy lidar
   [ERR] lidar does not appear to be in stock this round. :(
✖ buy impact_gel
   [ERR] impact_gel does not appear to be in stock this round. :(
✖ buy optical_inferometer
   [ERR] optical_inferometer does not appear to be in stock this round. :(
✔ mission 2
1 Like

Yeaahhhhh, you might want to check the updated ship’s hold, Kass.

2 Likes

Curse these Trade Regulations. Only one trade per Round? SAD! Li’LSmokey? (@newliminted) I thought you were going to make the Coleridge great again.

Mission 1 - That dangerous salvage chance makes this less appealing. Fair chance? Just expect it and add another 12-ish points of damage… Def-ed up folks might absorb the flailing pseudo-pods. 5 shots at salvage though…

Mission 2 - Not bad, but that’s best suited for Racks and Shiny!, but anybody can run it. Recons are probably good to miss at least one of those close range attacks.

Mission 3 - Go for the glory. It’s cheap and you can take it multiple times. There’s damage to be had though. Rely on your DEF to absorb it or your EVA to dodge it.

Mission 4 - Costs more, small chance of dangerous salvage, but the low damage - Average scavenger will probably only take 4 of the 5 punches … Probably good for the low HP

Does a Moose play it safe or go for some gold knowing it may be the last swamp …

If I wanted to play it safe I’d gone to work for Price WaterMoose

@Kassandra
TRADE GREEN rkt88edmo
BUY Armor_Plates
BUY Armor_Plates
MISSION 4

3 Likes