Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - The Wreck of the Coleridge

Well hey there, Tex! How are you today?

(whispers)
Did you know that as a space canine, I can hear pretty much every word that’s spoken on this ship? Even words that someone tries to muffle by wearing what appears to be a plastic satellite dish on their head? It’s amazing, the kinds of things I hear… and kind of disturbing at times, which is why I brought a stash of earplugs along.

Anyway, have a nice day!

7 Likes

“Hiya Perfesser! Say, I’m glad I caught you, I have some interesting intel about the repair–oh shit are those nipples down there?”

4 Likes

I’ll let you in on a little secret, my concerned organic friend:

#It’s not the nipples, it’s the navels

7 Likes

You trying to side with the mammals? I suppose you’d like us to believe that you’re not sprouted from eggs, too, which you disguise by calling them “seed,” am I right?

Oh. Really? Not from seeds? Ah. Well, yes, I guess that does sound kind of like live birth… at least insofar as I remember the concept from Alien Life Biology 101 back on Herpeton VI.

No, no, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to mislabel you. You’re as fine and upstanding a mammal as any on board, if that’s what you claim to be.

Repair Facility? Oh… nothing. I think they’re closed for lunch.

6 Likes

Hey! I’m changing my carapace in here!

6 Likes

I was just tidying up some of the paperwork our dearly departed colleague left all over the place and this clipping fell out of one of the stacks. Hey Tex, isn’t this you?

6 Likes

Another reason I am glad I spend most of my time floating on the ship’s exterior. Sound doesn’t travel through a vacuum.

It smells better out there, too.

–Philosolobster

6 Likes

I’m not sure what it is I’m hearing… but y’all might wanna brace yourselves!

runs to hide under a table…

5 Likes

WARNING: LAUNCH DETECTED
WARNING: INCOMING MISSILE VOLLEY

Good thing we have the potty back online.

Ship’s Head: Online

7 Likes

thank you Thank you THANK YOU

To all the forward-thinking scavengers who not only got the Coleridge back in shape, but got our weapon’s systems “Partially Enhanced.”

Complexity can arise from such unexpected places…

Giving credit were credit is due, All THREE of the precious RED were given to the Coleridge by

Professor
Tex
Shiny!

These scavengers gave GOLD:

Mr. T Rump ( first to give; only Scavenger to give twice)
Brian "Naughty Boy"
Goldie
Princess
Princess Jabbers
Tom "Perfectly Normal"

( I might have missed one of the GOLD contributors)

The remaining GOLD was used by scavengers whose HP has reached critical levels, and thus can still help by using their arms / limbs / tails / peelings / paws / antlers / claws / spines / appendages to grab more GOLD and RED.

Keep up the Good work!

“The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.” - Jonas Salk

-Philosolobster

8 Likes

My Dear Mammal,

Stress is the key to growth, as any lobster know.

Yours in Complexity,

–Philosolobster

5 Likes

“There there, Perfesser… just snuggle up close to me and I’ll keep ya safe.”

Jones! Get yer paws off the faculty!”

“Hey, I’m just a warm-blooded mammal, doin’ like mammals do. You wouldn’t understand.”

“I think I understand when I see an orange-furred short-clawed vulgarian mammal being even more cold-blooded and opportunistic than I am. This doesn’t look good on you, Jonesy. Stick to the sawblade-alien starlet-has-beens.”

7 Likes

I concur!

4 Likes

Already on it.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Bring it.

:boom:POW! :boom:POW! :boom: GET YOU SOME!

7 Likes

The waiting is the worst part.

Some might say that explosive decompression, puncturing shrapnel and blunt force trauma are the worst part. But they are wrong. With those, the results are in and your number came up. Just a few brief moments and you can collect your lovely parting gift.

But waiting is worse.

The dice have been cast but they haven’t stopped rolling. Do you check out today? Or do you live another only for the next roll.

I’m sure having the sensors online is good. Perhaps the weapons as well. Maybe we have a fighting chance. Or maybe I’ll bring home more dangerous salvage than I was counting on and it’s all a moot point.

Once more into the breech….

5 Likes

Cry Havoc!
and let slip the Moose of War.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Huh. Who knew Space Pinnipeds had such a specific hell?

8 Likes