Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 2 - Cut & Paste

[Lazlo yanks the Unicorp flyer from the hull of the Didn’t See That Coming with a dextrous walking leg]

“Hmmm. Sounds like a buncha chilly-livered university kids up in claws about the ‘The Humanoid’ lookin’ to make that evil profit at the expense of the hatchlings. Oh Twelve Hells, they even used CheapStik to splop it on the hull. Kids these days. I suppose it’ll just ablate off eventually anyway. Someday…”

[Lazlo clambers along catwalks leading to Duck’s Pond, reading and re-reading the flyer.]

“…and furthermore…when I’m dictator…Duck - was this you, buddy? 'Cause otherwise security protocols in the docking bay are even worse than I remember. Say, did the new missions get…”

[Lazlo stares, goggle-eyestalked, as he watches spacer after spacer press little black Unizone Credit Chits against various terminal screens. Forgotten, the flyer drifts from his claw to the ground.]

“O Holy Clutchmother, what are they…‘Buy now, pay later?’ Without having spelled out the contractual obligations? This is madness!”

[Lazlo makes the sign of the Tidekeeper with his dominant claw as he heads toward the nearest empty booth and grabs the nearest Unicorp Mission Monitor™. Caressing the screen image of the Lucky Dashboard Bobble, he grumbles to himself as he sizes up the available options.]

“Ain’t out of the reefs yet, ol’ biscuit. That claw-shaped temple sure sounds interesting, but I didn’t come here for no supply run. And while none of these options seems to involve a dustup, I can’t but help be drawn to phrases like ‘weaponry and skill with stealth’. At least I’ll be able to tackle it on my terms. And maybe hope the exec has a soft spot for hard shells. Hate to take another mission on credit - especially at those terms - but at least I know what I’m gettin’ myself into. Hopefully.”

Purchase:  b20 - Unizone Blasters (+4 FP)
Mission 3: To the Front (on credit, reluctantly)

Pilot Lazlo “Scuttle” Deepwalker of the Didn’t See That Coming.

4 Likes