Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 4 - Cube Farm

there goes one potential community banker 8(

-Falkayn

3 Likes

From each according to ability, to each according to need.

//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/original/3X/5/1/51c35268f9f2f03a56eb404905625a1cc30f9fcd.jpg

Natasha already make private arrangement with @gwwar for loan, but always willing to participate in collectivization.

Natasha put up additional 50b seed funds for great honor of БПMК

7 Likes

I do not see where living life and being a banker are mutually compatible.

3 Likes

Depends how many friends you’re going to need when the going gets rough. Debts and payments come in many forms. Even space lizards cultivate allies.

Helping a good captain through the current difficulty addresses two of the three objectives, one short term and one long term:

Make Money. Stay Alive

-Falkayn

2 Likes

Mostly with an eye toward… harvesting. :wink:

4 Likes

We do not play in a galaxy where friends and bankers are the same thing.

1 Like

Perhaps you are reading a different meaning into “community banker” than the rest of us.

I’m happy to change the honorific to anything more comfortable.

What is your word for “people who help each other out rather than be Ayn Rand atavists”?

–Falkayn

2 Likes

Where’s the fun in playing when everyone else is dead?

1 Like

I think I’m inside the boundaries of dying this round. I’ll have around 70HP and could take 80.

Go big or go home.

1 Like
1 Like

You mean this?

1 Like

COMMUNITY BANKING UPDATE

One loan has been agreed to. The community banking pool up to b85.

Captain Avery Waters of the Smiling Dingo asked for b40.6, and Captain Natasha Fatale of the Audacious Blip agreed to help.

Four captains have come forward to bring the community pool up to b85

@messana Lazlo ‘Scuttle’ Deepwalker pledged b10.0
@davide405 Natasha Fatale pledged b50.0
I hereby pledge b10 (I hope to pledge more - I am still negotiating with my own creditors)
@PromptedInk Captain Sorbet Wooster has agreed to contribute b15.0

Captains currently seeking assistance:

@daneel Watford Gap requests b18.0
@SteampunkBanana Mamma “Luckybeard” Aiuto requests b40.0
@OtherMichael Savaric Tubertus Wynkn Basiliscos Leontios Palaeologus al Wathiq requests b80.0
@DreamboatSkanky Quirky Kumquat requests b100.0
@rkt88edmo Rkt88 Edmo requests an unspecificed amount

The community pool will operate by consensus, and therefore slowly. Best if you can arrange your own loan directly.

We’re off to a great start

Self-Interested Cooperation is the basis for all success

3 Likes

Threat? I meant no threat. I merely posed a little academic accounting theory.

Where did you get that footage of our '78 family reunion?!!!

So many cousins and aunts and uncles and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and my brother? and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts and aunts that I haven’t seen in AGES!

4 Likes

Your family sure does get bizzzzzzzzzzzzzy!

7 Likes

Quirky throws back a bracing quaff of Stiff Stiffy’s Stiffy-Stiffening Stiffy Stiffener, and lurches onto the corner stage at Duck’s Pond. Here he’d seen Pinch Wilson, the space lobster comic, absolutely murder a crowd of hecklers with salty one-liners. Here he’d seen folk bonkist Drum Johnson try out new tunes well before anybody conceived that bonking would be considered a form of popular music. Here he’d heard Pastor-Tron 500 preach to the flock about the evils of drink, seconds before Duck pulled his plug and re-orged him into a WaiterBot. Now it was Quirky’s turn.

Quirky: “Captains! Merchants! Under-pruh-nurz! Boy hasss Quirky Kumquat got a deal for you! “

Quirky flicks his tail to hit the Electro-Presenterizer ™. “I won’t look back,” he promises himself. “I’m sure the crew took those dirty turtle pictures off the slide.”

Quirky: “ YOUR StarBits plus MY ship plus one of the grittiest captains in all of Gritdom equals OPPORTUNIPROFIT! With things the way they are, and I’m telling you folks, they’re exactly like that, you can’t afford NOT to offer me some of those useless StarBits, when they could be MAKING you money, instead of hanging out in your pockets with tribble lint and parking tickets. Be the first on your block to say, ‘Here, Quirky, have some StarBits! ‘”

Quirky catches Nilah’s eye as she walks in. Son-of-a…

Quirky: "Ssssssrsly, a stake of 100 StarBits would get us underwear… um, under way… Thanksss for your times. Ssssss! Thhhhhh!”

11 Likes

“I’m hopin’ our goal here is to get as many captains as sensibly possible off the launch deck and onto any mission other than Misison 1. Seein’ as movin’ this ‘delicate artwork’ has the most promisin’ potentials, I’m inclined to try an’ steer folks onto Mission 2 if we can manage it. Refits and upgrades should be takin’ a backseat for now.”

Those who are able and willing to pay the costs of outfitting for my missions will have their flawed Unizone components replaced.

“Sure hopin’ that includes swappin’ out these dad-blasted Unizone Guidance Systems that are apparently filthy with Unizone DRM. Anything what gets this freedom-hatin’ suicide switch out of our ships.”

5 Likes

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

3 Likes

Well, you know the slogan of a Hive-Queen: “It’s egg-layin’ time!”

Please note that none of MY relatives suffer from such a carapace-condition. It’s sad that such things happen, but it is glorious that our galaxy and times now allows such Queens to live in peace.

5 Likes

Thank you. (100-(ST+LK))% is correct.

5 Likes

Is Ella really charging b10 for a 1 HP repair and a 1 MAX HP increase?

I knew she was expensive, but I had forgotten that she was that expensive.