Badass Space Dragon - Duck's Pond

It’s how I pronounce it. What, you say “Nye-luh” ?

1 Like

I have generally heard it as “Niiiilaaaaahhhhhh”.

2 Likes

6 Likes

You keep running that open mic, Duck, and people are gonna call this place Chaucer’s.

The olde scottsman approaches the microphone, closes his eyes, and recites an olde poeme.

March 19 - The Lizard’s Tale.
March 24 - The Bee’s Tale
Tomorrow night - The Lobster’s Tail. ~market price~

11 Likes
The Smiling Dingo Interlude:

Avery Waters disliked bars. They smelled too strongly of moose musk and half-drowned regrets. Her work often led her to such haunts and this Duck's Pond was the same as any other.

There it was: the rowdy songs of drunk patrons, the cursing of contracts, the sighing farewells for lost comrades, and as ever, the shifty, hunted look of those who failed to pay their debts; one eye always looking over their shoulder for the debt drones and the laser blasts with their names on them.

Typical.

"Ensign," Avery began short of patience, "What exactly did you need to show me here?"

"A mark," The Ensign said hastily, "No, a bounty," he quickly corrected himself.

"Unizone. Well, Unizone... uh," The Ensign swore, "Gods, there's a lot of bad blood here with Unizone. Dead end contracts--"

"And?" Avery inquired.

"Aaaand, well you see they want out."

"Not my problem."

"Wait! Wait a second Captain," The Ensign huffed, "I wasn't finished yet. They have a plan. All you need to do is to get rid of a few of those lurking Unizone drones, and maybe scramble their memory circuits before they blow. Who's to say this whole place didn't get swallowed by a color bomb."

"Payment?"

The Ensign hiccuped and pushed back his hair.

"A..."

"Yes, yes, I don't have all day now." Avery said dangerously.

"A..."

"A *what*?" The Captain stressed.

"A..." The Ensign leaned closer, a single bead of sweat rolling down the nape of his neck. "A hat..." the Ensign whispered.

"Oh. HA! A Hat you say?" The Captain smiled toothily, and patted the Ensign on the back. "Why didn't you say so in the first place? I thought I was going to have to space you for wasting my time."
9 Likes

Hi. Just checking in from the Emerald City. Missing all my space peeps (and lizards and moose and lobsters)

Probably not going to have a chance to catch up on the forum until I get back but if you’re itching for GRIT and bits, let’s consider this a call for entries in the Unizone logo contest.

I hear they’re having some trouble being identified as a blood thirsty space corporation and have decided to rebrand.

Please tack up your submissions here in Duck’s Pond by Wednesday evening, space time.

10 Likes

Oh wait, that ones already taken…

6 Likes

Here’s my entry:

13 Likes

Win. Close the submission window.

3 Likes

Rebranded for a friendlier image:

10 Likes

Probably too artsy for our favorite intergalactic corporate monolith, but the artsy part was stolen outright, so that fits… right?

Plus, it works for our bilingual bee-people, too.

11 Likes

Not sure how best to capture this in a logo, but it feels right:

5 Likes

13 Likes

The only thing worse than Valenti Minor is a marketing retreat on Valenti Minor.

2 Likes

If they’re having trouble with their identity, why not identify with something everyone loves and trusts?

THE SPACE BEE

8 Likes

Partners Profits, ahoy!

5 Likes

I have no idea what it means, either

2 Likes

If you gotta rebrand, REBRAND

4 Likes

11 Likes

Apparently tardiness goes hand in hand with my quest for luck. Apparently my computer was delayed and i missed the closing by about 15 seconds on Chapter 5. I am willing to pay a necessary late fee (proposed b10)

If it is possible, here is my order

b20 - Hull Repairs (10 HP) x4 = b80
b50 - Billiken (8 LK)
b30 - Hull Plating (4 SH)
b10 Mission fee - mission 3
b10 late fee

2 Likes