Store - 14x Hull Repairs 				$1400	@Pete's
Store - 1x Hull Density Adjustment 			$500	@Pete's
Store - 1x Flak Bursts  				$1000	@Ella's
Store - 3x Glorious Gadgets, Gizmos and Gewgaws  	$3000	@Ella's
Store - 2x Nightshade  					$2000	@Ella's
Mission 5 -  Trip to the Rim				$500

Amnesty?

Is that even possible?

I always believed I.C.U.P’s senate would never stand for any political plan that includes amnesty for insurgents.

Maybe it’s a trap
Maybe it’s the last chance I’ll have to return…
Maybe it’s the last chance my men will have to return…

I bet my last bottle of Horcon Quemado that this amnesty deal is I.C.U.P’s magnanimity to those offenders whom it would be too expensive to punish.

“HAH!”

Lets make us costly to capture then and fix-up this old ship. We’ll restore the Cochrane to its former glory.

“MEN! ready all systems, we are heading towards The Rim!”

3 Likes

“Off course captain Hogarth.”

1 Like

Let’s go shopping!
5 x Homing missles = $5000 = +5 FP
5 X Nightshade paint = $5000 = +5 ST
1 x Soup = $1000 = +1 LK
2 x Density Adjustment = $1000 = +2 HP
1 x Flak Bursts = $1000 = +1 SH
2 x Sand Fish = $100
1 x Jug of Rot Gut =$20
My maths makes that $13,120

Leaving me $5 to throw in a Space bums hat.

$0

Mission 4 - Package retrieval I understand about not asking questions, but I need to ask two. Where do I pick up the package & where do I drop it off?

3 Likes

Taurean Mule - Mission 4

_____         __                  __  ___     _    __       
 / ___/__ ___  / /  ___ __ _____   /  |/  /__ _(_)__/ /__ ___ 
/ /__/ -_) _ \/ _ \/ -_) // (_-<  / /|_/ / _ `/ / _  / -_) _ \
\___/\__/ .__/_//_/\__/\_,_/___/ /_/  /_/\_,_/_/\_,_/\__/_//_/
       /_/    

Deflecto Coating  $3200
Night Classes     $3500
Mission 1         $2000
-----------------------
Total             $5700

There is much debate between the cook, Ensign Segal, and I about which mission to choose. The best missions are offered by specieist who are discriminating against us. I suppose we should have tried for the previous android-only mission, but the call to battle was too great (and cyber squid give me the heebeejeebees). The Rim assignment looks interesting - but the reward is minimal. Baby needs a new pair of Proton Torpedoes. The cook decided on the booze mission, even though there is some risk of destruction, or damage of cargo, the payout is the greatest of the missions available to us. I did start to question the wisdom of his choice, when he reminded me that we are all identical except for our personalities, and that the only reason I was Captain was my fortune in being randomly selected for it. You can’t argue with logic like that. So booze it is! I am sure this will make us very popular with the ugly bags of water.

Ship - Grey Mouser: Starting cash $9527
Hull Repairs x2 = $200 - A little duct tape and she’s good as new!
Homing Missiles x3 = $3000 - Big badda boom.
Flack Bursts x4 = $4000 - Please, Hammer, don’t hurt us.

Mission 1 = $2000 - sorta high starting costs.
Ending Cash = $327

2 Likes

Quisquiliae sStruem

Starting cash: $3300

Hull Repairs * 20: $2000 - HP increased to 63/100
Homing Missile: $1000 - FP Increased to 16

Mission: Mission 3 - Lizard Bait $100

Total Spend: $3100
Remaining Balance: $200

It’sssssss a rissssssky misssssssion but the rewardssssssss are worth it

1 Like

Death or glory?

Why does your android crew have a cook? I’d keep an eye on Segal, he might be there under false pretenses.

2 Likes

SHOP
Hull repairs x55 = $5,500
Homing missiles x1 = $1,000
Gadgets, Gizmos, Gewgaws x3 = $3,000
Blue Algae x2 = $200
Rot Gut x1 = $20
TOTAL = $9,720

Mission 4 - Package Retrieval

“Don’t ask me no questions, I’ll tell you no lies. Just tell me where Point A and Point B are.”

SHOPPING LIST:
Hull repairs x40 = $4000
Night classes = $3500
Clover soup x2 = $2000
Total: $9500

Mission 4 - Package retrieval.

*I woke up this morning feeling like I’d missed a couple of days. Check calendar. Yep. The old internal clock is right once it starts working again. Whatever it was I started drinking with the rest of the motley crew at the watering hole after getting shot up like crazy just to make sure Don Mondo gets his shipments through must have done the trick and then some. I guess the hangovers aren’t too bad when you can’t remember them… It’s not the first time I’ve had a couple of days go missing from the captain’s log, and it’s pretty likely it won’t be the last. There was a note slipped under the door, with two coordinates and a number. $24,000. I guess my old reputation as a lucky drunken bastard has preceded me. I guess I’ll spend my cash on getting things back in shape and see what awaits at point A. Pretty sure it’s going to be going to point B. Story of my life. *

Stardate 3
Jewel of the Desert
Captain's Log Supplemental^3

While waiting around before heading out on the mission, I finally had some time to apply the paint scheme I have been planning for the Jewel. I disguised the retractable front landing gear hatch, the bow sensor arrays, and the homing missile tubes as the face of a fierce Badass Flying Space Tiger. Since I had so much extra Badass Flying Space Tiger Purple paint, I also put some "bitchin'" racing stripes on the hood and the roof.

5 Likes

Looks like a badass horizontal double-vision Washington Monument pyramid of Giza with training wheels. like. It’s a lot better than my old rust bucket.

1 Like

Shipname: Pillar of Autumn

$20,000
($4900) – Hull repairs x49
($100) – Mission 3, Saurodroid’s bio-electrics are coded to Lizard DNA, after all.
($5000) – Homing Missles, x5
($5000) – Flak Bursts x5
($4000) – Coats of Nightshade paint x4
($300) – Bribe
($40) – Flowers
$660 balance

Choosing today’s mission was tricky

Azdel, of course, wants to be a Good Samaritan. Even more than grit, Azdel craves Merit. I had to remind him that always seeking Merit was not the Middle Path, which gave him pause. My commercial instincts – and years of drinking with Nicolas Van Rijn – draw me to Benemede. Ah, to spend time with those storied masters. and work out a distribution deal.

But Chee, whose foremothers waited patiently in the trees to strike with absolute precision, spotted the obvious: $24,000 is a hell of lot to pay an unknown courier. This obviously isn’t a big deal to whoever wants that package retrieved, meaning XXXXX is big. Very Big. Anyone who can operate at that scale is a pal of Don Mondo… or isn’t.

Azdel is upset that, however this mission goes, we will increase suffering in the universe. Chee Lan isn’t concerned, so long as we aren’t the ones doing the suffering.

To help Azdel center himself for the impending strife, I suggested he focus his morning mediation on one of Ellla’s bouquets. The next two hours were awkward. A 1,500 kilo beast that doesn’t blink is a bit unnerving. Afterwards he handed me the nosegay and recited

El’s eternal soul
Many paths to Nirvana.
These belong with her

I know better than to send El Esk used flowers – Azdel’s breath is pretty wilting-- but who could spite such a heartfelt Haiku? This evening Ella will be delivering her very best to the Senescent Wanderer. I hope Ella knows El’s tastes….

Muddlin’ Through
Mission 4 - Package Retrieval
2,000 2 Homing Missiles (+2 FP) Chee loves missile of the month club
3,000 3 Flack Bursts (+3 SH)
3,000 Gadgets, Gizmo, Gewgaw: one each, please (+3 EN)
2,000 2 Nightshade (+2 ST) ( “Dazzle” Pattern, please. See Below )
2,000 2 clover soup (+2 LK)
90 two flower bouquets plus $10 gratuity to Ella

total: 12,090

Classic “Dazzle” Camouflage

3 Likes

“Bounty hunterth? We don’t need their thcum.”
–Lieutenant (J.G.) Gilligan, I.M.V. Flatulent Deity

Gentlebeingsss, a moment ago the Deity found itssself at a crosssssroadss. In the wake of the near-debacle known as the Flapjack Bill affair, wherein our loosssse alliance of ssseven succccessssfully brought down the Kill Machine and ended Bill’s decadesss-long rampage of violence, terrorism, and unpaid brothel debtsss at the cost of a fair amount of bodywork and (as far as anyone can tell ssso far) all handsss aboard the noble Hobar, I, the Sssssskipper of the Deity have begun to wonder if it’sss all worth it.

Lieutenant Gilligan opiness that I’m jussst allowing the existential wearinesssss that wafts from the afterburners of the Sssenesscent Wanderer like ssso much nostalgic Eau d’ Ditto Ink to sssoften my reptilian hide, to cause me to reflect upon the cosmological value of our life’ssss work, to squeeze crocodile tears passst my nictitating membranes and weep over Inhuman’s Inhumanity To Inhumans (and humans too, I guessss, though one mussst admit the humanss kind of have it coming).

The lieutenant cannot otherwise underssstand why his captain should be tempted to choose the Good Ssssamaritan misssion, even in the wake of all that has transssspired thisss week. I assk you, does a Sssspace Lizard ever need a reason? Esssspecially one who won and retained captaincy of such a formidable (if sssomewhat leaky) warship as the Flatulent Deity? Aye, won and retained through a lifetime of utterly reptilian and cold-blooded decisionsss with profit ever the motive, and why shouldn’t that motive change from time to time? A lizard, it is widely known, can regrow a tail lossst through sssome misssadventure. Can not a lizard alssso grow… a heart?

Well, as it turnsss out, no. A lizard cannot grow an organ that did not previousssly exisst in that cavity no matter how hard one bangss upon the ssside of the Organ Replicator. Don’t asssk me how I know, jusst take me at my word.

The Deity goesss where lies the greatest potential for profit thisss day. Our coffers are low, our morale is battered, we finished off the horsssemeat days ago, and my cloaca needs evacuating again. We’re arming to the teeth and taking on the Bounty Hunterssss. And when we find them:

KA-POW!!!

Ship: I.M.V. Flatulent Deity
hits the Sssscrapyard for repairs: 16HP @ $1600.
And then off to Ella’s: Four (4) Homing Missiles @ $4000.
One (1) Glorious Gadget, Gizmo, or Gewgaw @ $1000.
Two (2) coats of Nightshade @ $2000.
Two (2) bouquets of flowers (not for decoration, if you must know. Both the fore and aft heads have run out of Charmin) @ $80.
And Mission 3 - Lizard Bait it is! $100.

Sssstarting balance: $8792.
Total expenssses: $8780.
Funds remaining for unforeseen expenses, tolls, gratuities, and Lt. Gilligan’s birthday party: $12.

5 Likes

Bongo Fury

High Power Laser Array (5000)
4x Hull Density Adjustment (2000)
5x Hull repairs (500)
Mission 1 (2000)

Total 9500

If it’s not too much trouble, I’d like to put in a few extra Sbucks to get a nice wrench. Nothing fancy, just a simple, solid, dependable wrench. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it yet. Perhaps some emergency repair would be needed, or I might need to just knock someone over the head once or twice. Anyway, if I can scrounge up a wrench, it’d be nice to have.

I got a ton a wrenches, I’ll have some in the shop tomorrow! Can’t be too prepared out there!

• Scrapyard Pete

If I’ve read the specs’ right the embedded pattern replication filaments in Nightshade Paint means it can be any colour you like. Which means you don’t have to hide behind the dark side of a moon.

1 Like
Interstellar Stellar-gram
  To:	Captain Ssssskipper of the I.M.V. Flatulent Deity

Captain - I am intrigued by your Organ Replicator. Can it be programmed to replicate human parts with… reasonable… accuracy?
			Yours,
			 Adélie
                        (1-555-531-8008 - call me)