Bags of cocaine emblazoned with Nazi flags intercepted in Peru

Originally published at: Bags of cocaine emblazoned with Nazi flags intercepted in Peru | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Weird, I thought this would be more the kind of thing those boys in Brazil would do.

23 Likes

“How can we reduce the chances of our product being searched?”

“I know, lets emblazon every package with a hakenkreuz! That’ll scare them off!”

14 Likes

“Marching Powder”

11 Likes

Was this some attempt at camouflage?

4 Likes

Oh. I get it. Its that “pure white” stuff.

16 Likes

Peru… I would have thought these were headed to Congress…

2 Likes

CPAC catering.

10 Likes

Proud Boys Special.

5 Likes

Southern Peru, before the Reich?

8 Likes

I assume (and I’m no expert on this so take with much salt) that this is standard drug “branding”. Cartels brand their shipments and specific products so that distributors, users, and others know where it came from and whether it’s the one they like. The brands are chosen to be intentionally outrageous, insane, shocking, and otherwise unhinged to get attention because (a) consider the audience and (b) there’s no FTC in that world saying what they can’t do, so all stops are pulled. I don’t think this is some sort of sincere political belief system being expressed by a drug dealer.

8 Likes

Nah, that’s Don Jr.'s supply for the third quarter of the year. Damn the shipping company for sending it to the wrong address!

8 Likes

Broke: Bricks of Nazi gold.

Woke: Bricks of Nazi coke.

8 Likes

“We’ve finally got ourselves an atomic bomb to smuggle into Paris, so let’s put some Nazi-emblazoned cocaine in the same shipment so we know they’ll focus on that!”

3 Likes
3 Likes

Informal enterprises in the unregulated narcotic sector?

6 Likes

TrueAnon Episode 290: The Beast

We interview Oswaldo Zavala (twitter.com/Oswaldo__Zavala), the author of Drug Cartels Do Not Exist (Vanderbilt University Press), about images, stories, and realities of drug cartels in Mexico and beyond. Plus parasites, stories, violence, the State & much more.

2 Likes

With my experience living in Tijuana, I think some of it is plain ignorance about foreign politics and history. Many folks in Mexico are as ignorant of the entire issue of Trump and his cronies over the last several years as some of us (the general public of North America north of Mexico) are about current events in Colombia. It’s frustrating trying to explain to folks that Trump is actually a bad guy.

8 Likes

this. bricks are found floating in the ocean, just off shore in the Keys very frequently. (hmmm… keys in the Keys…)
this was just this week. several bricks with “2024” markings on them off Key Largo (my fishing grounds).

perhaps this was for Don Jr. and the campaign season is off like a rocket? hopefully another elno rocket that blows up on lift off!

6 Likes

Is this some media promo for the new Indiana Jones movie?
Harrison Ford Whip GIF by Indiana Jones

3 Likes