Baking thru the pandemic: The Muffaletta is my second favorite sandwich

What I’m saying is that a recipe that’s been tested successfully in grams will always be consistent for me.
And the weather doesn’t really matter. Flour can wind up being compacted or not compacted, etc…
If you go to the King Arthur website, all the recipes are by weight.

Not denying that at all.
But a King Arthur “Cup” for gram weight isn’t the same as a “Gold Medal” cup for gram weight.
IT’s all what works for you. But gram weights aren’t globally more objective for a recipe measurement than a ‘cup’ for baking.

Actually, they are. And if you consistently bake with gram measurements, your recipes will come out more consistent.

You might have misunderstood me. If you have a recipe that uses a consistent product from a source that you consistently use (wheat. flour) yes weighing will create better results.

However. You can’t transfer that commercial ideal to the home kitchen without some layers of experience. What type of flour…which region is the flour from…etc.

As I mentioned and referenced in my post above. Many ‘grababag’ of flour at the super maker…has widely different weight for cup/volume measurement while can screw up things if you go bullstrong into trying to make make bread etc with blinding following a ‘recipe’ made for New York…with flour from Canada with Flour from Georgia

AP flour in the South is milled MUCH MUCH softer for making biscuits. Than AP flour in the Northern or NW states.

While weight and measurements are key…if you have a recipe and have tested it.
In baking there is a huge matrix of verifiable s including souses of flour and season and brands of flour and even regions.

I think you are way overthinking this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.