Ban on Trump's #MuslimBan upheld by U.S. Appeals Court in unanimous ruling. Next stop, Supreme Court?

I figure the more he fucks up, the more ineffective he is, the more the courts and others stymie him, the more his support erodes among those keeping the wolves from his door - and causes him to lash out, blow up, and generally act insane, which further erodes his support and increases both the number of investigations into him and the chances of someone taking a really hard look at him.

7 Likes

You never tell a narcissist what they are. That’s a ticket for disaster.

3 Likes

Not AnCaps?

1 Like

“from the seven predominantly Muslim nations in which the so-called President has no known business interests.”

I think we can stop mentioning this as it is a red herring.

He went after the low hanging fruit of nations that already had restrictions.

3 Likes

His overall erratic behavior has created numerous red flags that may be signalling he’s not completely mentally competent:

From not recognizing Rudy Giuliani in a briefing, even though he was sitting within plain sight of him, to the claim that he signed the executive order giving Bannon access to the NSC without actually reading it, to his apparent constant denial of the reality that the rest of humanity lives in.

Considering his health was never actually vetted by anyone who’s qualified, aside from this guy, who openly admitted that he penned his analysis in a way that would ‘please’ 45:

I think it’s definitely something important to be concerned about.

8 Likes

12 Likes

I dunno, I’ve had relatives and friends relatives with dementia. None of them acted like that. Not a doctor, though.

Not saying he is 100% stable, or perhaps even medicated, or perhaps he’s always been this big of a clown, but it was edited out of The Apprentice.

Either way, we don’t need to drag Brent Spiner in to this. He is a fine actor.

10 Likes

*lolz

Other dubious comments he’s made keep niggling at the edges of my subconscious now; like how when 45 looks at himself in the mirror, “he sees a man half his age.”

O_o

So’ve I; not fun.

I’m not a doctor, nor do I claim to be; but I when 90% of what someone says seems to be pulled out of thin air, I think evaluating their mental health is a reasonable measure; especially if they have access to as much power as 45 does.

9 Likes

he has the hands of a man one-tenth his age

11 Likes

Ah, thanks for that.

Though that leads me to a more disturbing thought:
IMHO narcissism and sociopathy have been core traits of Trump for a very long time, but add on some of the effects you mentioned because of dementia, then that could explain a lot as they could well be inflaming the former issues.

I still reckon that if true it’d still be small beer effects compared to his core traits of narcissism and sociopathy, but ye gods, if you’re correct then that means he could get far worse quite quickly at any point…

3 Likes

Agreed.

No argument here; I think there are several different mitigating factors at work here, but it all means dire consequences for the US and the world at large if they are not dealt with, STAT.

Exactly.

I fervently hope that I and others who share the same suspicion are wrong, but unless he’s evaluated there’s no way to know for sure.

3 Likes

Put another way: he went after the very nations that we already had extremely thorough and effective vetting systems for and said we can’t let in any more of them until we had time to develop thorough and effective vetting systems.

17 Likes

And a temperament of one even younger than that…

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure that if Trump and his insane clown posse had been able to stop saying “Muslim ban” every 5 minutes and there was a half decent lawyer writing his EOs they could get away with this sort of action.

11 Likes

He died to all caps: BAAAAM!

2 Likes

I would have thought that his minions would have caught on that the nastiest of the countries he could have banned were left off the list. From an actual terrorism POV.

There just isn’t enough ICP on BB. Thank you! And yes his big mouth IS going to be his undoing.

1 Like

That would require them to actually be attempting to do something about terrorism with even the smallest amount of analysis, rather than just throwing red meat to their base.

5 Likes

I think that might count as an insult to the music group; you don’t want any Juggalos pissed at you.

7 Likes

HE’S JUST USING THE WORDS OF THE PRESS. He knew they were going to call it a “ban” even before he announced the idea so he just said “ban” preemptively and repeatedly. He was quoting the reporters of the FUTURE.

10 Likes

What’s enraging is that each member of his own security detail underwent far more rigorous and extensive (that is, any) mental health screening.

4 Likes