Bank robber disguised as Darth Vader

[Permalink]

1 Like

I knew that the Death Star would wreck the Empire 's economy.

3 Likes

“We know it wasn’t the real Darth Vader because he used a rifle rather than a light saber. Also, that mask”

No. We know it wasn’t the real Darth Vader because he would have used The Force (a la Obi-Wan saying “these are not the droids you’re looking for”), and walked out of the bank with the money and nobody batting an eye.

2 Likes

I think he could use an Elegant Weapon, but I think it would be more useful in a More Civilized Age…

I’m not positive that’s a DV mask. It looks odd.

1 Like

On the BB front page there’s a second picture. It’s a full DV costume with a very crap mask.

Darth Vader, only you could be so bold.

5 Likes

That’s not really his style. It’s not like he was using the gentle art of Jedi Mind Tricks to get cooperation or information from the crew of Leia’s ship in A New Hope.

Someone gives Vader lip, he force-chokes that MoFo. Or occasionally just regular-chokes them.

3 Likes

I wonder if the results would be any different if he was disguised as, say, Gandhi, or St. Francis.

2 Likes

I’m sure all the news reports will stress that the bank was robbed by a black guy.

7 Likes

Possibly a derivative design meant to avoid copyright and trademark infringement and possible confiscation.

The Shure microphone company battles other companies that try to use the classic Shure chrome microphones in ads and even trademarks, but you still see photoshopped versions of their Shure mics that have been altered enough to look slightly different.

I saw this one the other day on someone’s blog.

2 Likes

Probably the clerk wouldn’t recognize the historical costume.

So, a bunch of lawyers could stop the bank robbery just shouting “Copyright infringement”?

2 Likes

I think they meant to say “most squares don’t have that kind of Star Wars gear”.

2 Likes

I imagine it would be the force-choke with a ‘I find the lack of money in this bag disturbing’ or maybe just a " insert-bank-name has failed me for the last time!".

Edited to add: I would so like to use the Death Star on BofA…

5 Likes

They’d send a sternly worded cease and desist letter.

I just googled images of “Darth Vader Hoodie” and found that they sell zip-up face-covering hoodies that look exactly like the costume in the photo.

Edit to add link to photo:

1 Like

That’s a seriously shitty Vader mask.

2 Likes

This is what I assumed the guy was wearing. They do similar versions for Stormtroopers and Boba Fett.

Hoodies are also the most popular attire for Jedi Knights.

1 Like