Darth Vader wins $95 million lottery

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/21/darth-vader-wins-95-million-l.html

8 Likes

He’s gonna build a teensy-weensy Death Star, isn’t he.

18 Likes

Who knew the force had practical, non-throat crushing applications?

14 Likes

I wish all states and provinces would allow the identity of lottery winners to remain a secret. Just winning usually does enough to ruin someone’s life on its own without the addition of having their having won publicly known.

17 Likes

Well, considering that at the current rate, 95M jamaican dollars is worth a bit less than 650K US dollars, I would aim for something even smaller than a tensy-weensy death star. A death garden shed?

5 Likes

Legally change your name to Darth Vader, collect the prize, then legally change it back?

2 Likes

Nah, construction’s already begun. He just needs enough to get out from under the lien.

5 Likes

unnamed

8 Likes

That’s still probably enough for a Lego Deathstar.

8 Likes

When his friend expressed doubt that he’d win the lottery, he said “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” And then, of course, he used the Force to choke him.

11 Likes

Darth, I am your son.

11 Likes

And find an insurer. After the last three Death Stars have gone up in flames, it’s going to be hard to get a good rate.

17 Likes
9 Likes

Here’s Darth unveiled. Like he needs the money.

7 Likes

If someone sees Swagga Fett pic up a lottery check, and I’m on here a lot more… well… uh, nothing, never mind. Everything is fine here, now. How are you?

4 Likes

I’m guessing Palpatine will be asking his apprentice for a small construction loan.

2 Likes

Local area man on respirator says the repeated denials of his death star are due to the count of his midichlorians. His neighbors disagree, describing a crotchety old man that force chokes kids and pets that get near his lawn.

[Insert clip of Mr. Vader at city council meeting chanting Bureaucratic red tape is the REAL villain ]

5 Likes

And the lawsuits from the families of the maintenance workers were financially crushing to the Empire.

Negligent design, violations of health codes (letting strange monsters run amok in the sanitation system)…

4 Likes

Oddly close to my plan if I were to win. I was going to go with John Smith. But Darth might work.

2 Likes

Qui-Gon Jinn?

1 Like