Bannon admits everything in live video from 2019

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/21/bannon-admits-everything-in-li.html

7 Likes

Sounds like he was trying to make a joke. But Bannon seems slimy enough to do this deliberately so he can point to the joke if he’s ever accused, because we’ve long been in the ‘everybody does it’ broad daylight phase of Trump admin corruption.

39 Likes

Brian’s smile falters just a bit when his embezzlement is joked about.

32 Likes
23 Likes

Kidding-not-kidding.

15 Likes

Racist xenophobic marks get defrauded of money they’d have given to Falwell Conversion Torture or the Trump campaign; incompetent racist xenophobic grifters go to jail.

Not seeing a downside here.

34 Likes

And the money they gave did not go to the evil causes they intended. Win. Of course, it went to slime bag grifters, but you can’t have everything, now can you?

21 Likes

:money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:Ha Ha. Jolly Jokers. Now step right up and send us more money suckers. :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

9 Likes

So Bannon and his buddy have a lot in common with this incompetent tweaker?

15 Likes

And now I’ll humming this tune all day.

7 Likes

If they hadn’t pissed their money away on this particular grift, they would have had more to spend on replacing the Goodyear tires they just set on fire…

13 Likes

or maybe

27 Likes

Damn, you are right!!! Watch that body language real closely. I’m just kicking myself for not thinking of a way to rip off these MAGA cultists first. Anybody wanna brainstorm ideas? #jokingnotjoking

9 Likes

It’s like Bonnie and Clyde telling people they were bank robbers to get people to laugh, when in reality they really were bank robbers.

9 Likes

“Yer Honor, I would like these statements stricken from the record, on account of my client being a total ignoramous.”

11 Likes

I just read about “blank check companies” after the news the other day that Paul Ryan was starting one. Its basically an IPO for a company with no product, no business, and no employees, just a management team that is supposed to use the money to buy some other company. Its basically a parody of investment banking when they freely admit that investment bankers don’t know anything about what makes a business viable and are just betting on a firm handshake and a wide smile from the “right sorts” of people. And since there is no business, market, property, customers, or competitors, there isn’t much to disclose so the paperwork must be easy.

5 Likes

Since it’s Schrodinger . . . why not both?

16 Likes

I don’t understand why they keep saying the quiet part out loud!

1 Like

You gotta admit it’s a lot easier to make money if you don’t have to worry about those pesky customers, employees and products. Why, the ideal business model is where they give you money and you do nothing but accept it.

6 Likes

If someone jokingly accused me of something like that on a live feed, I’m sure as heckfire gonna do A LOT MORE than falter. I don’t see anything here (not that Bannon isn’t the sleaziest sleaze to ever sleaze).