Bannon leaves Breitbart

His populism wasn’t fake enough.

10 Likes

Bolshevik! He really is a Leninist.

8 Likes

Anticipating Trump’s “I fired him from Breitbart” tweet.

10 Likes

But Trump keeps saying it’s a Fake Book and Fake News?

4 Likes

Bannon keeps flubbing it. At least he flubs it spectacularly.

3 Likes

Denny’s is hiring.

11 Likes

That cracks me up for some reason. I mean it is a real book, like Dianetics is a real book. The title of my next Fake Book: Trump and Language: What a Clusterfuck.

11 Likes

7 Likes

But does the squatty position really work like that?

1 Like

What Akimbo said, too, but I also think it has to do with the crazed demand for loyalty that those crazed white supremacists demand of their soldiers.

1 Like

Is all very complicated. Bannon is one in pool.

8 Likes

When, if ever, will Trump’s staff finally understand that they will all end up like that? Unless they leave first, which I have read many intend to do after Jan. 20.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Except for the kitchen part (as I recall he expired on the pavement while he was taking a late-night ramble in Westwood for nebulous reasons) I’m not going to dispute the rest based on my observations and stories I heard from mutual acquaintances.

Andrew Breitbart, for all that he railed against and lied about Hollywood liberals as his original schtick, really wanted to be a regular in the Hollywood party scene. The dude was thirsty for it. Coke is a big part of that scene, and while I’m not sure if it drew him to the scene or vice-versa it played a part in things. Especially since the guy was a chaos addict and in bad physical shape, which doesn’t make for a good combination with marching powder.

Bannon shares a lot of similarities with his predecessor (the chaos addiction, the poor physical fitness, the politics), but while he also hated Hollywood liberals – especially the subset that the term codes for – he never involved himself with them for any other reason but to make money after his creative efforts were laughed out of the room. Perhaps that’s why he became a boozehound instead of a cokehead.

As for the successor at the Web site, it’ll have to be a Bannon type who knows his place when it comes to his betters.

6 Likes

Guys can you even begin to imagine what an unemployed Bannon looks like?

steve-bannon

27 Likes

Bravo! This was excellent!

Unlike Bannon’s screenplays. But then, he’ll have plenty of time to work on those now.

6 Likes

i wouldn’t be so excited. Jake Tapper is reporting that a source close to Bannon says that he had to decide whether to focus on Breitbart, or politics, and he chose politics. he’s totally going to run against trump.

5 Likes

Steve, you brought this on yourself.

Now you know how it feels to be God. Or maybe Satan.

3 Likes

I think Charles Laughton is a better comparison for Bannon.

5 Likes

I hope so, but I’m more concerned that if he chose politics it’ll be about identifying and fostering alt-right candidates who’ll know their place relative to the Mercers and their ilk.