Barack Obama: the coolest lame duck

[Read the post]

2 Likes

When you say ā€œnowā€ you mean a month ago, right?

7 Likes

That really is embarrassing.

3 Likes

Misspellings make for new ways of looking at things!

4 Likes

I fixed the title. (Failure to spellcheck before posting is a pet peeve of mine.)

Of course that means itā€™s no longer a ā€˜Boingā€™ and is now a ā€˜Dizzy.ā€™

6 Likes

Fresh from his stint at the White House Correspondentā€™s Dinner ā€¦

This video was shown at the dinner as part of that stint.

1 Like

Doink.

Managing editorā€™s day off?

Also, heā€™s not truly a lame duck until after the election.

11 Likes

President Obama is not nor will he be a lame duck so stop using the GOP narrative.

A lame duck President, is one who comes back after the election in November having lost but is still in power until the new session in January 20th the next year.

6 Likes

Well. . . I guess this has been on the internets for a while now, but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve seen it, and it was genuinely funny. Kudos to Boehner for being able to poke fun at himself and appear with Obama in a joke video.

5 Likes

It also means ineffectual. Over the years it has been used to describe 2nd term presidents with an opposition or hostile Congress.

1 Like

i had already seen this, but itā€™s still funny watching again. barack and biden play so well off each other, itā€™s comedy gold.

1 Like

Iā€™m very happy someone has now corrected my misspelling of the presidentā€™s first name. I write Boing Boing pieces late a night after my regular 10-hour day of writing is through, and sometimes mistakes slip in.

I had not seen the video before encountering it on YouTube, and thought it was very funny. Even if some people have seen it before, certainly there are many Boing Boing readers who will likely not have seen it. My only goal was to bring them a smile.

10 Likes

Well I hadnā€™t seen it so Iā€™m glad it was posted.

I guess I shouldnā€™t be surprised that Boehner came off fairly naturalistic and at-ease on camera, since it was a big part of his job. Maybe Iā€™ve been conditioned by the Daily Show, Colbert, &c. to expect politicians to appear stilted and awkward.

1 Like

Um, yeah, lame duck you are with your extraordinary ā€œjournalismā€. I only stay on this blog for Cory.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.