Barack Obama weighs in on Herschel Walker's vampire vs. werewolf musings

Originally published at: Barack Obama weighs in on Herschel Walker's vampire vs. werewolf musings | Boing Boing

11 Likes

It is also lovely to see how a skilled politician and speaker can make his point without being mean.

More specifically, without being mean-spirited. Obama’s making cutting and funny remarks at the expense of someone who’s obviously no match for him even in terms of articulating a simple concept, but he’s not “punching down” (as conservative “humour” tends to do).

29 Likes

I absolutely love how Obama affirmed Walker’s right to: “be whatever he wants to be except a US Senator”.

21 Likes

God, I miss that man being in public office.

25 Likes

Well, he does have a right to try to be a US Senator. No one has a right to be an elected official of any sort. RWNJ talking points notwithstanding.

16 Likes

Mostly I was just happy Obama wasn’t discrediting people’s right to be werewolves (or vampires, or whatever else they want to be).

17 Likes

Beat me to it. I love his “preacher mode” when he’s in front of a raucous audience.

10 Likes

The way he could move voices between “everything is going to be OK,” and “Professor Obama,” and “biting sarcasm” was wondrous. I get why the Right was afraid of him–in their hands someone with those oratorical powers would be deployed for evil.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.