BARR COVERUP: Mueller told A.G. he failed to capture ‘context, nature, substance’ of Trump Russia report

American Bar Association is oddly silent about this person.

4 Likes

[At this point in the story someone scrubs the dust off the American Bar Association sign revealing the hidden extra “r” at the end of “Bar”. The audience gasps.]

7 Likes

8 Likes

Time to pop all the popcorn?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mueller/agreement-reached-to-have-mueller-testify-on-russia-probe-lawmaker-idUSKCN1S73ZV

Pretty soon too:

The Democratic chairman of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee said on Wednesday an agreement had been reached to have Special Counsel Robert Mueller testify to Congress on his probe into Russian election interference and possible attempts by the President Donald Trump to impede the probe.

Representative Jerry Nadler told reporters the agreement was for Mueller to testify sometime in May, but that a specific date had yet to be agreed upon.

10 Likes

Let me guess, the day in May immediately after the day the President flees to Moscow with half the gold in Fort Knox.

11 Likes

there isn’t actually much there. Unless it has changed drastically since I left active duty (was my first assigned base in the 90’s).

2 Likes

But is “not much” still a whole hell of a lot? Like millions of dollars worth at least, right?

3 Likes

Less so after Mnuchin’s last visit.

7 Likes

definitely. Honestly…if my choice were:

A) Keep Nostradumbass for two more years, and then put the onus on the people to vote him out
B) Let him take whatever is in Ft Know and flee, thereby removing him permanently

I’d very very strongly consider B.

3 Likes

The thing that’s driving me crazy is how I went along with the Barr summary specifically because nobody from the Mueller team objected to the summarization. Now we learn that they did have objections, but they kept them to themselves and allowed Barr to basically lie to the country unchecked.

5 Likes

Maybe fourth-dimensional chess is really fifth-dimensional chess.

6 Likes

Other than that, though, AG Barr was spot on.

4 Likes

Oh I think B would be clearly preferable because it would also resolve the issue of whether Trump was actually a bad guy, and whether there needs to be a reconsideration of how it was someone like that could get elected in the first place. In a way it could end up being the least chaotic and most unifying thing Trump could do.

My guess is that Trump’s presidency ends with suicide in the oval office. Not because I have any reason to believe Trump would do that, but only because the last few years have caused me to expect that absolute most chaotic, discordant, confusing outcome for everything, and I can’t think of a single thing that would create more havoc.

7 Likes

If those bear fruit I hope the NYPD and/or the IRS march into the lobby of Trump Tower and seizes it as the proceeds of criminal activity. The NYPD’s computers already can’t tell how much they’ve seized so what’s another $371 million?

3 Likes

How did the saying go?

“A lie travels halfway around the world before the truth even puts its boots on.”

5 Likes

there’s always a book deal if he wants to retire

2 Likes

“Did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” isn’t the same as “failed to capture.” So I am sure pundits (Fox News) will argue that he DID capture the context, nature, and substance just maybe not “fully.”

1 Like

Sadly, I am also skeptical.

Professionals, acting in good faith, bound by the rule of law.

vs

Grifters with Fascist aspirations acting on an electoral “mandate” and enabled by a hyper-partisan, conscienceless Senate majority

I don’t have strong hopes :unamused:

6 Likes

“[insert_trump_stooge_name_here] lied.”

It’s an all purpose template, really.

2 Likes