Barry's Irish Breakfast is a light version of my favorite tea

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/16/barrys-irish-breakfast-is-a.html

3 Likes

Wrong.

SY355

15 Likes

Oddly, which is the one true blend of teabag tea doesn’t come up in this otherwise excellent piece:

2 Likes

Hear tell there’s plastic in their tea bags (sorry, no time at the moment to Google-confirm…).

Probably in Barry’s too? :woman_shrugging:

Maybe it’s not bad for us? :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

The Irish Breakfast itself is one of my favorite drunk/hangover meals

13 Likes

Yorkshire Tea - apparently yes. They say they’re in the process of having plastic-free Teabags and should be done by the end of this year.

Barry’s did too - at least in 2018. They said they were working to change that. I can’t find anything that says they have done so yet.

3 Likes

If we’re going down the dark-as-night breakfast tea, I might suggest this:
https://www.uptontea.com/breakfast-tea-blends/english-breakfast-loose-leaf-black-tea/p/V00404/
They sell it by the kilo, and it’s… very good. Very good indeed.

5 Likes

Best Tea Fight Thread! Glengettie or mynd adref!

Mind you, I do like me a good Russian-style lapsang suchong…at least once the temperature dips below 100°F.

1 Like

An author fight over tea brands?

12 Likes
6 Likes

jakelaughs

5 Likes

I’m quite fond of Thompson’s Irish Breakfast Tea. Strongest I’ve tried.

4 Likes

Or the traditional Scottish breakfast:

3 Likes

That is a lot of beans!
“My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare .”
-Mike Meyers, So Married an Axe Murderer

6 Likes

Lies.

If you aren’t looking to strip the enamel off your teeth:

If you are looking to strip the enamel off your teeth a couple sacks of Barry’s is the way to go.

6 Likes

The only Irish Breakfast tea I’ve tried is Twinings, and I had to admit defeat. As a wakeup tea, a good English Breakfast is the sweet spot for me (assuming all the coffee in the world has mysteriously vanished).

2 Likes

While my wife loves Barry’s, I prefer -

2 Likes

Taylor’s does a Scottish Breakfast blend that’s gnarlier.
I like Thompson’s a lot, though.

1 Like

Nothing tastes as good as the first cup you make after coming home after a holiday.

1 Like

Wait, the Breakfast tea is lighter than the normal tea? That sounds counter-productive. Morning calls for all the caffeines.

2 Likes