Barry's tea is pretty great

Assam is the King of Teas.

1 Like

You’d have to take it up with them then.
http://www.mariagefreres.com/FR/2-earl-grey-french-blue-boite-classique-100g-TC8005.html

Yorkshire is my brew of choice but I admit I’ve never tried Barry’s. I might have to hunt some down and give it a go.

(Shit name though)

1 Like

Yum! Though I prefer Jaffa Cakes to Jammy Dodgers (though I’m down with those too), I’m not sure if this is heresy in these parts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now. That slogan is the tagline of an old series of commercials in Canada.

2 Likes

You’re not telling me… you DUNK jaffa cakes? O_o

1 Like

Well, no. I usually eat them before the tea is ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok then! Jammy dodger or bourbon cream for dunking!

3 Likes

On the other hand, lapsang souchong is what you make to get rid of unwanted guests. Always keep some around, just in case.

This might not work if the visitor has no sense of smell

5 Likes

LOL. Mostly likely dunking material is poor quality shortbreads. My Grandma is on a fixed income.

2 Likes

Yes BBS, I know we’re replying to each other a lot, but everyone needs to know what biccys are good for dunking in tea! Its relevant to the thread!! Sheesh!

The walmart near me has proper UK bourbon creams for $2.77! In Canada! I stocked up! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s my dad’s favourite tea :frowning:

2 Likes

Rooibos is also good for that sort of thing.

1 Like

I think I’m going to have to go downtown this week to the UK store for some Jaffa Cakes. And then plot a way to hide at least one from my children. :slight_smile:

Tea and biscuits! It’s a fine Canadian/UK tradition. You can’t enjoy your tea, be it Barry’s, Lyons, Tetley, or Red Rose with out them!

3 Likes

HOW much?! They’re, like, 40p a packet. Pretty much the cheapest biscuit there is.

2 Likes

It’s in Canadian dollars, in Canada, they are imported. You do no want to know how much those Jaffa Cakes are going to cost me. (Though I will likely pick up some crisps and black currant candies too; and those will cost dearly as well.) It’s the colonies!

2 Likes

Murchie's Murchie's Murchie's!

3 Likes

Dude… you do not want to know how much we pay for a Curly Wurly or a Flake… its outrageous!
I think I paid like $8 for a pack of Club bars. Stupid ocean!

7 Likes

It used to be better, there was a Marks and Sparks where I grew up, and it had all kinds of goodness, biscuits, proper shrimp crisps, and real teas. I even loved their packaged instant bubble and squeak. At least I don’t have to drive all the way up to the Scottish store for supplies.

1 Like

Pu Erh works, but you run the risk of adventurous types proving their outré cred.

And Rooibos isn’t tea.

2 Likes