Barry's tea is pretty great

“Only in Canada, eh? Pity!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Barry’s is stronger. Same ballpark though. I use a bag of either to brew a pot for two.

Barry’s decaf tea is pretty reliable when you want the warm tea feels but not the soothing buzz.

4 Likes

Can anyone recommend a decent loose-leaf Earl Grey you can get in the U.S.?

I say they are quite weak compared to PG Tips. Irish food is pretty bland.

Ah. But is it Kosher?

1 Like

When I visit family in Nfld i get a choice of Tetleys… or the precious. It only comes out for guests see! If I’m really lucky I’ll even get a jammy dodger!

4 Likes

Baby Donald Trump??

8 Likes

http://uptontea.com

1 Like

I usually buy my teas from these folks in Massachusetts, who maintain an amazing selection of Assam varieties:

https://secure.uptontea.com

For very strong builder’s type tea, I prefer to use straight CTC Assam instead of an Irish blend. It takes milk and sugar and/or spices very well. If you buy it by the kilogram you can usually enjoy better tea for about the same price as better bagged teas.

1 Like

PG Tips reminds me of PG Wodehouse, and inevitably:

9 Likes

IMO, one bag of Barry’s makes one quart of tea just about perfectly in 10+ minutes, no need to worry about over-steeping boundaries.

1 Like

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

14 Likes

I am sure that by “cream”, they meant “yak’s butter”.

9 Likes

You can source Mariage French Earl Grey, it’s just expensive as hell.

Totally worth it. I use it on days like Election Day 2016.

2 Likes

Glengettie or get out.

1 Like

I like it straight, so admittedly I don’t know from cream.

1 Like

I drink Barry’s Gold Loose leaf builder’s tea on workdays, on Saturday I have this Earl Grey.

I get a monthly subscription from Amazon of Barry’s, when it runs out I backfill with PG tips. I use four scant teaspoons of Barry’s for a 44oz pot (steeped 5 minutes) and 5 PG tips bags. The PG doesn’t have the amount of flavor compared the Barry’s.

1 Like

I actually prefer to get the actual British Tetley’s. The “British Blend” they sell in the US is close, but still not the same as the real thing.

I read that as Gelignite

1 Like