Beachbells are going to be your new favorite, fully-customizable workout buddies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/10/beachbells-are-going-to-be-you.html

1 Like

The Beachbell’s most appealing feature is also its simplest. Whether you want a tiny 3 lb. weight or a more formidable heft of up to 35 lbs., all you have to do is adjust your Beachbells to accommodate. It’s all based on sand — just scoop up or pour out sand to your desired weight

So it’s an … empty sack? Well at least it’ll be stupid-cheap.

This two-pack of Beachballs multi-weight portable kettlebells is regularly priced at $110, but right now, you can get the set of two for $10 off, just $99.99

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahano

12 Likes

What if I need more than 35 lbs. Can I put my 45-lb kettlebell into one of those bags?

5 Likes

So its basically the same price Uncle Sam pays for “bags, sand, soldiers for the use of”? What a deal!

1 Like

My idea of a workout buddy is someone to say, “Hey, don’t work out”.

4 Likes

This is perfect for my landlocked Colorado lifestyle!

3 Likes

Just be sure to leave the sand on the beach when you’re done.

8 Likes

Those weight lines are making a pretty big assumption about the water content of the sand loaded in them.

10 Likes

Just what my workout was missing, sand fleas… :thinking:

1 Like

I’m betting these will quickly be banned from beaches. Can’t have people stealing the beach 6lbs at a time…

1 Like

served in a commemorative tote bag!

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s an empty sack that needs to be heavy-duty enough to handle dynamic exercise with almost the weight of a 5-gallon water bucket. Whether that justifies the price, I don’t know, but don’t try this with your reusable shopping bags.

1 Like

So it has all the disadvantages of improvised weights, like shifting weight balances and imprecise mass, but also the disadvantages of purchased weights, like high cost and storage issues? That seems less than ideal.

1 Like

Well there you go: 5-gallon bucket would work a treat.

I can’t see anything that could go wrong with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.