Beaming mugshot of politician's wife booked into jail after pouring drink on journalist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/16/beaming-mugshot-of-politician.html

2 Likes

Almost like we’re living in a timeline in which politicians are normalizing the idea of physically assaulting journalists who are simply attempting to do their jobs.

58 Likes

I wonder if her decision to smile was just her being an asshole, or if it was a smart decision about “optics.” Because when I look at that picture, I don’t think “mugshot,” so I don’t think “guilty of something.” I think “snapshot.”

Yeah. I expect to see a lot more of this, and worse.

Edit: Obligatory Christ, what an asshole.

30 Likes

Chattooga Co. doesn’t get much attention… It was the home of Howard Finster, tho…

https://paradisegardenfoundation.org/

20 Likes

The Kruger Dunning effect can only get you so far. All the democratic populism in the world, will not make corruption a more effective management strategy than, y’know… governance.

Journalism has already been wounded far more deeply than simple assault. I am convinced that USia cannot vote its way out of this crisis.

5 Likes

I think that ship sailed a long time ago. For some, the norm has always been “Do as I say, not as I do.” They’re just expanding the targets of their violence:

11 Likes

Tom DeLay did exactly that for his mugshot:

14 Likes

Fuck all if she doesn’t look just like a Stepford Wife.

17 Likes

Chattooga County, Georgia’s sole county commissioner

Wait, what?? What kind of commission is that?!

6 Likes

Audible sighs of relief emanate from Florida and Texas.

12 Likes

Are you sure? That’s not what it smells like.

9 Likes

I had a drink poured on me as an act of humiliation one time. It wasn’t fun :confused:

4 Likes

I had a friend who worked for a gallery representing Finster.
He drew all over the packaging that his art was shipped in.

10 Likes

It’s a fish, ya’ know, like a halibut but much smaller.

3 Likes

Off-topic, but I’m telling you…half that audio could match up with my extended family’s Tennessee/Kentucky/Alabama holiday gatherings.

13 Likes

All of the above.

1 Like

And that’s the face of a woman who has never faced consequences in her entire life.

14 Likes
7 Likes

The ones who take charge of the bottom part of shoes, of course. They really specialize in the south!

3 Likes

Yeah, if she did it for the optics, she could only smile like that if she were an asshole (which we already knew) who didn’t expect to face any consequences for what she did. But if she were a big enough asshole, she could be grinning like that without thinking much about the optics.

2 Likes